Altering HTML templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Altering HTML templates

New to Actinic so please bear with me, I know this will be simple to answer for you smart guys (and girls!)

When viewing new products on actinic, and i goto the layout tab on the right hand side, and where the EDIT button is and when clicked and brings up the html template in notepad, is it this template that you alter to modify the templates? just modify, click and save? If so,are these html files located in the site1 folder locally on your pc? And does this apply to all the HTML template files as well?

Sorry for the novice questions Im just trying to get a feel of the software.

Yes - that will edit and save all instances of that template. Bear in mind that 1 page is made up from many many nested templates - there is a listing the Advanced User Guide or you can use the template manager to find them.

The templates are stored in the root of the site1 folder and generally start with Act_template.html

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Cheers Jont. Have taken a look and downloaded the file, when print out it and have a good read of it

Comment

One step missing from this - when you save from Notepad, you have to do a 'Save As' - All Files, to maintain the html extension, so its modify, click and save as...
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

If you use Advanced / Template Manager you get a display that can be viewed in two ways.

The default is a graphical representation of the layout and the other is a more technical list.

Try clicking "Change View" to switch between them.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thank you guys for your input.
            Is this the easiest way when you wish to alter the html templates?
            I've downloaded all manuals, including the advanced guide and printed them all out, so have got a few bible resources to refer to, have also tried using the dreamweaver MX extension as well, but cant seem to get it to work. Weird?

Comment

The DW extension (assuming it is installed correctly) works on a previewd page found in the PreviewHTML sub-folder.... preview a page under Actinic and open the resulting page in DW from the PreviewHTML folder ... frommemory this is P-shop.html or similar

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Gavin,

See the following post re the Dreamweaver extension http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=20871

HTH

David
                -----------------------------
                www.synchronisedwebdesign.com

Comment

Originally posted by dscontroller
                  Gavin,

See the following post re the Dreamweaver extension http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=20871

HTH

David
                  David, Gavin (or anyone else without developer) wont be able to see this as it looks like its in the developers section - such a shame potentially useful stuff like this is off limits to the majority of forum users!
                  Trying to squeeze my moneys worth out of V7 - but not for much longer!

Comment

Yeah I don't have Developer version therefore I cannot see this section of the site...

Anychance someone could copy/paste the thread into a word document for me plz & e-mail it over to me?

Comment

My apologies,

I didn't realise that messages like that could not be seen by all.

Here is a copy of my reply to the same query.

Hi Sandie,

In order to view the generated templates, you need to preview your Actinic site in Firefox or IE. Highlight and control copy the details in the address bar, i.e. C:\Program Files\Actinic v7 Sites\Yoursite\PreviewHTML\P_SiteRoot_index.html, then go to Dreamweaver and go to File - Open, then control V (paste) the above into the File name. This will then open you template and show the Actinic icons.

Try this and see how you fare!

HTH,

David
                      -----------------------------
                      www.synchronisedwebdesign.com

Comment

Thanks for posting the info

Ahhh i see... I was trying to load the template from "site1" folder into dreamweaver and it would not show the property inspector box that was meant to appear from the screenshot in the advanced guide!

DOH!

Comment

Working...
                        X