quantity exceeding stock level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quantity exceeding stock level

One of my client's holds rare items of stock and therefore some items are of low quantity, for example less than 3. If a customer adds such product to his basket and then selects a quantity of 6 the order can be placed successfully.

Im pretty sure though that earlier in development actinic would throw up a message in the checkout or basket stage saying quantity exceeds stock level. Have i switched something off or was i just imagining it ??

thanks

There is no validation done of the order quantity against stock level. This is because many people are happy to put their items out of stock as they know they are going to receive a delivery of them next day as part of their regular order.

What you can do is set a 'Maximum Quantity' in the 'General' tab of a product to stop people ordering a lot in one go.

Comment

I think the message "saying quantity exceeds stock level" that you are thiking about is when you have a shipping band per product but only set it up for one product.

This causes a "You cannot order this much message"

Check out USER: Jan as she has an automatic upload/download solution which will help
      Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Jan is here ...

there are two things that you could do (using my solutions).

1) Use the stock control mole to upload and download frequently to keep the stock levels up to date on the web site and stop people buying things that are completely sold out.

2) Use the order processing mole to run a program to set the maximum quantity orderable field to the current stock level for each product as orders are downloaded. To do this you would need the mole and also a program but I think that if you purchased both moles I could give you a program to do that.

This wouldn't stop 6 people logging on and all trying to buy the same rare item at the same time but it is about as good as you can get at the moment.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

thanks for the suggestions

the maximum quantity idea seems to be a nice easy solution in the short run, i will check with the client about whether they require the functionality of your moles jan

Comment

Working...
          X