Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More email problems again.....yawn, yawn, yawn

Hi all,

I posted in a thread yesterday but starting a new one as the problem has expanded. Also, ive tried searching for old posts but cannot find them.

Problems as follows:

All settings entered correctly according to isp.
    Configure network settings works and I receive 2 test emails immediately.
    Advanced / network / test = success and failure ??
    No emails whatsoever with new order.

This problem has bugged me since the dawn of time and its now very very tedious and im really hoping someone can explain whats going on ?

Regards

Mick
    Attached Files
    Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

It looks to me as if authorisation is failing.

Hmm. Is that email info for your ISP or your webhost? It should be the SMTP server for your webhost.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Often 'UserName & Password Required' can be left unchecked and might be worth trying and running a Test.

Comment

actprob1.gif seems suspicious. It shows some failures (in spite of the misleading title). Try scrolling down to see if there's any more to the message: bit.

PS. It may be worth doing Advanced / Network Setup, then Exporting the settings to a text file. Paste the file into a post (it's easier to see than attching it) but obfuscate any usernames and paswords first. Don't empty these fileds if you're using them - put in some asterisks, so we can see that you haven't deliberately left them empty.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks for the super fast responses !

Answers to all :

drounding - you are correct and I now remember trying this before but it does not make any sense at all because my isp (not server) absolutely insist that I use user and password ? I just unticked the box and the email was immediate but still no emails for new orders.

olderscot - its my isp and not the web server mail host, this worked fine in the past and also sent emails to my mobile phone account which then sends me a text, very handy but not working at present.

norman - the gifs are exactly as seen by me, nothing missing and nothing to scroll down to.

Im doing more tests right now and will report back.

Many thanks
          Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

its my isp and not the web server mail host
            This means that you're relying on your Server provider allowing you to open a Port 25 SMTP connection with a foreign SMTP server at your personal ISP. This is often the sort of thing that Server admins block.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman,

That makes sense especially as its a new server and obviously the old server host didnt mind the way I did it. Not sure how exactly I set up the email on the server so im off to their forums.

Cheers
              Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Getting somewhere

My server host may not be the fastest but its the cheapest and ive just received several lightning fast tech email responses.

They told me to use servername.mywebhostcompany.com for the mail server in network settings and the actinic test passed with flying colours and popped an email in my isp mail box faster than I could open outlook express

But still no order emails ?

Im doing test orders on my shop and they are all going through with no problems but no emails. Anyone got any more ideas of what to do or how to pose the next question to my web host ?

Cheers
                Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Poor server guys, I think ive confused the hell out them !
                  They cant understand why their mail server is allowing the test email to come through but no order emails, and I have to agree with them.

Does the network test email use the same script as order / contact emails ?

Im going to have to give them more info if they ask.

Mick
                  Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Fixed it

Changed server name to 'localhost' and then received test order email. Im pleased its working but am none the wiser and really cannot understand how mail servers work

Thanks for all the help.

Mick
                    Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X