Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Client import problems

Hi,

I've recently developed an Actinic site for someone and upon finishing it did a Snapshot Export to an .acd file. The site was uploaded by me and was working fine.

I have now shipped the Actinic box to my friend along with the .acd file so that they can install Actinic locally (now I've deleted my copy) and Import the .acd file.

They first installed it and imported and added new products but upon upload something happened to the search results page and everything to do with the shopping cart. If someone tried to add to or view the cart they would get an 'error 500 internal server error', I told the client to reinstall and Import again.

After they did this they now get the following error when trying to import again:

Detailed Report

Errors

(File ThemeExport.cpp, Line 1725) The parent theme Layout01 is missing from
    the import.

Can anyone tell me what's going wrong ? Have I exported and got them to import correctly ?

Thanks in advance!
    Tom
    "Eat. Drink. Sleep"
    The Stoofoo Philosophy

Just got some more information, whereas the baskets and search were not working previously they now are; however it seems one of the templates may have become corrupted or something as the shop displays but purely in words with broken images as though there is no template/style applied.

Any ideas anyone ?
    "Eat. Drink. Sleep"
    The Stoofoo Philosophy

Comment

Did they first select the same theme before doing the import? I could imagine some confusion if they imported a clean layout snapshot into a smart theme site 1.

What happens if they now select Design | Themes - Clean Layout 01?
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks I'll ask them and see.

Through some testing of my own it seems that no images or css files have been uploaded to the server (or rather when the client imported and uploaded, it removed the images and css files that were already there), is the backup supposed to include these files ? could this be to do with them selecting the wrong theme ?
        "Eat. Drink. Sleep"
        The Stoofoo Philosophy

Comment

Anyone got any ideas at all ?
          "Eat. Drink. Sleep"
          The Stoofoo Philosophy

Comment

I'd re-install Acrtinic on your own system and try the Snapshot there. That way you can see first-hand what the problem is.

But first look on the system you unistalled Actinic from for a Site1 folder. If you still have that, make a backup of it (and rename it to anything but Site1) before re-installing, as this will contain the site you last used. You could then re-install Actinic, rename the new Site1 to something else and re-instate the old one.

Also it would be a good idea for the future not to delete / uninstall anything from your development system until you're sure the client site is working properly. Whenever making a Snapshot also make a backup copy of Site1. For good measure copy/paste everything in Housekeeping / Security into a textfile that you keep in Site1. That way Site1 backups contains everything you need to recover in case Snapshots fail.

Finally a Snapshot is just a Zipfile. You can rename it from .acd to .zip and investigate what it contains.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Interesting, thanks. I'll look into it
              "Eat. Drink. Sleep"
              The Stoofoo Philosophy

Comment

OK no joy. Here's a summary of the problem as it stands now.

I have renamed the acd file to zip and looked inside it. All the images and css needed are inside the acd file.

I can upload to the site from my computer and everything is normal, however when the client tries to do it all the images and css get deleted from the site.

I asked them to uninstall, re-install and switch to the same layout I used (Clean Layouts 08) and import again but the problem persists.

The client gets the attached error when trying to update the site.

I have updated again from my computer and the site is currently working and accessible at www.blingmotors.co.uk/acatalog/index.html

Can anybody tell me what on earth is going on because I'm at a complete loss and the shop is un-updatable until this problem is fixed ?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light,
                Tom
                Attached Files
                "Eat. Drink. Sleep"
                The Stoofoo Philosophy

Comment

What happens if the client, clicks 'OK' on that warning message? The message appears because Actinic has recognised that these variables are not included in the templates mentioned, once you go past this screen by clicking on OK, Actinic should then proceed with the upload . You may have removed the variables in these templates.

Kind regards,
                  Bruce King
                  SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                  X