Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pictures not displaying

Hi everyone

Not been on the forum recently. Decided to take a well deserved break from tweaking Actinic!!

I've got a problem which should be straigh forward but I can't seem to resolve myself.

I've just added some pictures to the news box at the bottom of our home page. I can see the pictures fine on the live site but my collegue can't. I've tried everything from moving the jpeg's to the preview folder, adding them to the upload list but nothing works.

Where am I going wrong please?!!
    Thanks
    Sheila

Add them to the additional files list if you haven't already. Also give the images full URLs - http://www.domain.co.uk/acatalog/image.jpg
    that should force getting them from the server and at least narrow the problem down.

Comment

Hi Duncan

I've tried what you said but I can't tell if it's working as my IE browser show's the pictures fine. I have to wait until I'm in the office next so I have both pc's in front of me.

I can't seem to understand why I can see it but my collegue's one doens't.

Also as I am fairly new to DW. I've tried to add the relative url to the pictures but actinic doens't seem to like it. Where should the pictures be, in which folder and also where in DW should I place the url please?
      Thanks
      Sheila

Comment

In DW just select the image and then in the source properties type the full URL. You can check in notepad afterwards to make sure it's correct.
        For Actinic to upload the images put them in the Site1 folder and then add them to the additional files from that location.

Comment

I've put the full url for the brochure picture and added the names to the additional files to upload.

Can you see one of the pictures?
          Thanks
          Sheila

Comment

If you are referring to the ones at the bottom of your homepage at http://www.theindianweddingcompany.co.uk/ - then yes.

Comment

I've amended the other 2. Can you see all 3 now please?

I wasn't going to do this today but you've got me going now hehe!
              Thanks
              Sheila

Comment

Yes all three are there.

Comment

Working...
                X