Problem importing snapshot - Data Truncated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem importing snapshot - Data Truncated

Hi, I am having real problems when exporting a site from my version of Actinic into other peoples.

There is only one site that has been affected among the other 10 that I am working on. I import a snapshot as usual but get the error:

There was a problem with the database

Operation: Opening the [Setup3] table

Data truncated.

Action: Contact your Actinic reseller or Actinic Support as appropriate

I have opened up the Setup3 table in Access and can't see anything untoward, but when I replace the ActinicCatalog.mdb with a fresh one from the Original folder the site loads without errors - so there must be some corruption somewhere.

I would continue from the fresh database but this means that I have to reinput all my products and brochure pages and wouldn't be able to do the work on my own computer.

The snapshot works perfectly when I try to import into my own machine its only when I try to import to someone else's that the errors appear.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Please try the quick solution of compacting the database and then try again

This seems to works for most problems with the database
    Chris Ashdown

Comment

Hi Chris

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried this but still coming up with errors.

Is there anything else you can think of?

Comment

Open the Database in Access and then click on Tools | Database Utilities | Compact and Repair Database. Please make sure you close down Actinic before doing this.

If the issue still persists, I would suggest raising a support ticket @ http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm so that support can take a look at the Database for you.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X