Yet Another Logged In Customer Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet Another Logged In Customer Issue

A group is set up with the main buyer's information entered under the 'Account' tab.

Under the 'Buyers' tab the main buyer and secondary buyers are set up, each with their own email address.

When a secondary buyer is logged in and chooses 'Contact Us', the main buyer's name and email address shows. It seems to me that the secondary buyer's name and address should be there instead. (See example screen shot)

I've considered the possibility that maybe secondary buyers' email addresses are entered under buyers information solely for *email confirmations of orders, but that doesn't seem right, does it?

If I can't get this fixed I'm going to have to add some kind of explanatory text, i.e. "If you are not the main buyer for this account, please enter your name and email address". Otherwise it looks like there's an overlooked problem with the site.
    Follow up. That won't work either. Then everyone will see it, logged in or not.

*While I'm on the subject of email: In Business Settings under the Ordering tab, I've deselected Send Receipt Email to Customer and have selected Send Receipt Email Copies to.....(another address).

I'm only getting these receipt emails for logged in customers' orders. For all others, they just never show up. I would like to get them all. For any given period the number of downloaded orders should match the number of email receipts thereby providing a cross check. It makes everything nice and tidy.

Help appreciated.

Charles
    Attached Files

Charles,

Have a read on this thread, post #3 http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=20486

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Bruce,

Originally posted by SureshB
      In order to send emails to both the email addresses, please follow the steps below:
      (DELETED THE STEPS)
      The current way of working is to send the email to the Main Account and
      the Buyer. This change will send the email to the Main Account, the Buyer
      and the Delivery eMail Address if different from the buyer address.
      Well, er, it kinda doesn't get me there. My email problem is that I'm only getting the receipt emails at the alternate address for customers that are logged in. I Never get them for customers that aren't logged in. I've turned off the options to send the receipt emails to customers, logged in or not.

I'm really much more concerned with the issue of the main account buyer's address showing up in the contact us fields when a secondary buyer is logged in and goes to 'contact us'. Re: Screen shot from first post.

Thanks for your reply.

C

Comment

Hi Charles,

I checked with the Actinic development team regarding the buyer email issue and was informed that the script is designed to populate the Contact Us page with the main buyer account's name and email id.
        I was given a work around though where you could have the name and email id field blank so that the customer can enter it in.
        For that you would need to edit 'MailForm.pl' and search for 'm/SHOWFORM/i'

A couple of lines down you will see the following:

Code:
        DisplayMailPage($::g_BillContact{'NAME'}, "", $::g_BillContact{'EMAIL'}, 
        "");
        Change this to read

Code:
        DisplayMailPage("", "", "", "");
        Save and update and you would get a clean Contact Us page for all customers.

Regards,
        Robert.

Comment

Robert,

Thanks so much for following up on this. I will try it this weekend and post the results.

Charles

Comment

It worked very nicely. The clean page looks much better. Thank you.

I've rarely seen a case where the main buyer actually buys anything. They usually just authorize the people who place orders to order from one vendor or another.

Regards,
            Charles

Comment

Working...
            X