Retrieve Orders icon greyed out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retrieve Orders icon greyed out

I just installed Actinic on a second PC to use as a backup for the main shop computer.

The backup PC is a laptop running Windows XP Professional. All drivers and BIOS updated to the latest versions.

When I run Actinic I can't retrieve orders because the little "Retrieve Orders" icon at the top is greyed out.

I've checked just about every setting I can think of by placing the two computers side-by-side and comparing Actinic settings directly. Everything looks identical.

I'm probably missing something obvious but can somebody please make any suggestions?

bines

Assuming that the network settings are 100% identical, then do a Web | Configure Website and ensure that both checkboxes are unchecked and then allow the software to go through and confirm all of the settings, which allowing it to use any defaults if asked questions, should then allow it to work..

If that does not work, then check you have not disabled the Order Processing in View | Business Settings | Options.

Comment

Did you check the settings in Housekeeping | Security? These should be identical on both PCs.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Many thanks to the two respondents for your suggestions. I have tried them all but no change - the icon is still greyed out so I can't retrieve orders.

I have imported a copy of the Actinic folder from the registry of the working computer into the new one - now all is well and as it should be.

But I still need to find out exactly why, after a standard clean install on a clean computer and typing in the product key, the icon is greyed out. Surely any defaults should not have disabled this vital function.

I tried the install on several different PC's and they are all the same. I wish I could remember what was different when I installed on the present (working) computer.

Any further ideas would be very much appreciated.

bines

Comment

sometimes you need to do an upload before you can do a download

or

check you aren't in host mode, have you recently moved from actinic trial space to your own webspace? this can leave you in hostmode

Comment

Working...
          X