Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading

Hi,

I've been using my V6 Actinic Catalogue with little or no problems for three years. I'm very happy with how it's all working but I'm thinking I like the sound of some of the new features in V7. Also I quite like the idea of quantity discounts and user accounts in Actinic Business but I've a couple of questions.

1] How do the user accounts work? What does a user get in their account? Do they get a order status or is it a regular buyer discount? Basically are the user account features really good? Is there is a sample account anyone has that I can play around with ...

2] Are there problems involved in upgrading from v6 to v7 and/or from Catalogue to Business

Thanks

Shane
    www.pride.ie

Upgrading is dependant on your design and how customized it is from the default themes provided by Actinic in v6. If it is basic upgrades you have done to the default theme, then it should go ok, but it can also be a pain - best thing is to get the 30 day trial and install it on the same machine as your v6 and it will see it is there and offer to import and upgrade it (which will not affect the v6 you operate - just dont upload from the v7)..

On the accounting side, it does not provide a panel for the account customer to login and track things, but provides them with a login username and password which gives them access to the prices assigned to them individually or as part of a group account title...

Business has so much more than just the customer accounts abilities though

Comment

The other thing to consider is the imminent arrival of V8.

Although there is no release date for it yet it could be worth hanging on until it is released otherwise you may pay to upgrade to v7 and find you would also like some of the new features of v8.

Comment

Originally posted by Support@Techno-
        Upgrading is dependant on your design and how customized it is from the default themes provided by Actinic in v6. If it is basic upgrades you have done to the default theme, then it should go ok, but it can also be a pain - best thing is to get the 30 day trial and install it on the same machine as your v6 and it will see it is there and offer to import and upgrade it (which will not affect the v6 you operate - just dont upload from the v7)..
        I've a fairly simple custom job really, that shouldn't be a problem. Sounds like a good idea to test the v7

Originally posted by Support@Techno-

On the accounting side, it does not provide a panel for the account customer to login and track things, but provides them with a login username and password which gives them access to the prices assigned to them individually or as part of a group account title...

Business has so much more than just the customer accounts abilities though
        Really? The product comparison matrix on the actinic website doesn't make it seem that different, care to expand on that?

Thanks for the response!
        www.pride.ie

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
          The other thing to consider is the imminent arrival of V8.

Although there is no release date for it yet it could be worth hanging on until it is released otherwise you may pay to upgrade to v7 and find you would also like some of the new features of v8.
          Ah very good point, thanks for that, I forgot how long ago v7 came out! I'll probably hang on for 8 if it's on the horizon. Are there any hints/rumours as to what v8 might include?
          www.pride.ie

Comment

Working...
          X