Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hidden product only accessible via url?

Hi

Is it possible to add a product that does not automatically appear within your store/sections but is only accessible if you know the direct URL?

I often have issues (e.g with my PSP) where I need to run a dummy sale and would like to add a low cost test product. Or I have bespoke products that are meant only for a certain customer, and giving them a URL rather than setting up a customer account for a one-time sale would be a more sensible method.

Theres a 'Hide on Web site' checkbox but I don't think this has the desired effect...

regards

Russell King
    Russell King
    ---------------------
    Canvas Etc...Stylish Modern <A HREF="www.canvasetc.com">Canvas Art</A>

This http://knowledge.actinic.com/acatalo...259.html#aKB66 Knowledge Base article shows you how to Add to Cart via an URL. It should work on Hide on Web Site products.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Just to make sure this is clear for everybody.

I believe Norman is suggesting the page the product is on must be visible on the website or the page will not be uploaded, but the product itself does not have to be visible.

Have I got it right, Norman?
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Yes. The product has to be somewhere, so making it hidden within an existing page is the way to go. You could also put it (again hidden) on the root page of your site. That way you'll know the SID value as this is always 0.

I tested this in a rough-and-ready way by looking at the source of a visible product. I copied everything between <form ..> and </form> for that product to the clipboard. Then I set the product to be "Hide on Web Site". I created a Fragment and pasted in the form code from the now invisible product into its Description (between !!< and >!!). Then I uploaded and was able to add the hidden product. The test took less time to do than to write this!

Comment

Norman

Your suggestion works, but its not exactly what i'm after...

I need my customers to be able to view the product page, and potentially select different options, not just add it to a cart via a button.

eg, I want to be able to give specific customers a URL like this;
          http://www.canvasetc.com/acatalog/1306.html

where they can select different sizes etc, but the actual product will not appear within the catalog, meaning only customers who have the exact url will find it..

hope this makes sense.
          Russell King
          ---------------------

Comment

Hi there

where they can select different sizes etc, but the actual product will not appear within the catalog, meaning only customers who have the exact url will find it..
            The only way I can see this working, is that if you have the actual product and section within Actinic, and then simply customised your sections navigation yourself and also the sitemap (Maybe hard coding them both). So only you will know the url for the hidden section.

Hope this makes sense.
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Nadeem

Do you mean set up a section page (in raw HTML) that basically <!--remarks out --> the links to the product?
              Russell King
              ---------------------

Comment

You can still use my suggestion.

Put the product on a visible Quantity on Product Page type page.

Now view that pages source. Copy / paste all the products <form...> down to </form> into a new stand-alone HTML page.

Upload that page via Advanced / Additional Files.

Finally make the product Hide on Web-Site again and Update.

Done.

Comment

Working...
                X