Hierachal exports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hierachal exports

Hi, Exported hierachal file (.csv) so that I could alter product prices and import again. Found that all my fragments had this... \n in various places. How do I stop this as when I import the file the \n is imported and displays amongst the text. Has anyone found a simple way to upgrade prices that they could share with me, because every time I do so I get a different problem to solve. You would think that there would be an inbuilt price adjuster in Actinic that that would allow you to increase prices globally, or by section or by individual product.Any help appreciated!!!
    Rob Lane
    www.DATARAX.co.uk

If it's only prices you wish to change you don't need to import all the file again - just the products.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding
      If it's only prices you wish to change you don't need to import all the file again - just the products.
      So which bits do I leave out. I know that I probably have to leave in the bits headed Section, Product and End (and Choice and Attribute where applicable) otherwise the revised prices will not import to the right place. But what about: Header:Section
      Header:Product
      Header:Attribute
      Header:Choice
      Header:Price
      Header:CustomProperty
      Header:ValidCustomProperty
      Header:PriceSchedule
      Header:BrochurePage
      Header:BrochureFragment BrochurePage
      BrochureFragment
      ValidCustomProperty
      CustomProperty Any help appreciated
      Rob Lane
      www.DATARAX.co.uk

Comment

As far as I know you need

product reference, section text and price. (I think I've used the Froogle export to get this info out of actinic)

You must test this before trying this.

set up a dummy product, then use a flat file import with these 3 fields and choose update (rather than replace)

BUT TEST, TEST, TEST

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
          As far as I know you need

product reference, section text and price. (I think I've used the Froogle export to get this info out of actinic)

You must test this before trying this.

set up a dummy product, then use a flat file import with these 3 fields and choose update (rather than replace)

BUT TEST, TEST, TEST
          Tried and failed (but thanks for the help) any one tell me why \n appear when I export a hierarchical file.
          Rob Lane
          www.DATARAX.co.uk

Comment

It depends on the content of your fragment but \n generally refers to 'new line'. You could probably get rid it if you formatted your fragment with html instead - ie:
            !!<..html fragment content <br> new line etc..>!!

Comment

Originally posted by drounding
              It depends on the content of your fragment but \n generally refers to 'new line'. You could probably get rid it if you formatted your fragment with html instead - ie:
              !!<..html fragment content <br> second line etc..>!!
              HiI Hi I Just found this in Actinic Help ... valid Fields For importing: Full description
              This is the more detailed description of the product.

The text normally wraps at the end of the line. To force a new line, insert '\n' (without the quotes) at the appropriate point in the text.

Default: no description.
              Could it be due to my fragments having a mixture of text typed in and then some like !!<...bold text..>>!!. The trouble is I have imported about 9 months ago and I did not get any trouble with the \n, has anybody else experienced it.
              Rob Lane
              www.DATARAX.co.uk

Comment

If you're using Business why not just link to the external spreadsheet? That way you can update the prices when you want and actinic will resync with the external prices when you tell it to.

See the information on linking in the actinic help section (in the software) for details on how to do this.

Mike
                -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot
                  If you're using Business why not just link to the external spreadsheet? That way you can update the prices when you want and actinic will resync with the external prices when you tell it to.

See the information on linking in the actinic help section (in the software) for details on how to do this.

Mike
                  Thanks for that, I will have a go. Ihave loked at my old import files and suprise, suprise the \n is there, but did not display when I imported. I have upgraded since I suppose Its not got something to do with the upgrade.
                  Rob Lane
                  www.DATARAX.co.uk

Comment

'\n' doesn't import properly in shop fragments, when you export your catalog carriage returns are translated to '\n'. So you need to change the shop fragments in your catalog that use '\n' or carriage returns to use <BR>. Not the brochure fragments or the products, just the fragments you have created in with the products.

Regards,
                    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                    Multichannel order processing
                    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
                      '\n' doesn't import properly in shop fragments, when you export your catalog carriage returns are translated to '\n'. So you need to change the shop fragments in your catalog that use '\n' or carriage returns to use <BR>. Not the brochure fragments or the products, just the fragments you have created in with the products.

Regards,
                      Thanks for that info, exported hierachical file, went to column BB (where the product fragment text is) and deleted it totally. Imported back with a change to one price, got some errors for the rows that had their fragment text deleted, but it still imported correctly with the price altered as I wanted.Now all I have to do is remember how to change all the other prices, but I am sure I will get there eventually. It would be helpful though if someone at Actinic could solve the problem of importing \n in the product section.
                      When I have done all my price changes I shall need to write down the process and post it just in case it might help somebody else.
                      Rob Lane
                      www.DATARAX.co.uk

Comment

We have a product at Mole End called the Product and Pricing Tool, this has a export and import function for prices, you might want to take a look at that - there is a free trial and more information at this URL :

http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Pro...ng_Tool_b.html

Regards,
                        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                        Multichannel order processing
                        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
                        X