Help with this layout please!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with this layout please!!

new to Actinic and attempting to do something with regards to the section layout..

If you see pic1 attached, this is the layout I am trying to achieve, Pic.jpg is what I have managed so far...

Basically I have Fax Machines section link layout template to create this look with some of my own CSS attached.
    I wish to be able to

1. Add the price to this template;
    2. Add the "add to cart" on this template;

When you click the "view item" button the hyperlink points to:
    file:///C:/Program%20Files/Actinic%20v7/Sites/Site1/PreviewHTML/IPF325.html

so i placed an external HTML page with the filename "ipf325.html" in the same folder as the link suggests. However when I preview the site it does not show my external page just a cannot find the page. Is this at all possible???

if this is not possible, then i want this "view item" to link to a page with more details showing features and an image. Ive looked at Page 24 of the Advance Guide but it just baffles me!

Any help on the above is appreciated.
    Thank you
    Attached Files

This is the pic of what ive achieved

Comment

You may find it easier if you take one of the Actinic clean themes and apply your design to that rather than trying to fit Actinic into a predesigned page.

Comment

You seem to be talking about Section Link pages. These items are links to product pages. While you can use these with "single product per section" type pages, you cannot put the product price or an Add to Cart on the section link items.

You can use Custom Properties to hold such informative text but it won't change when you alter prices - you'd have to remember to do it all twice.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
          You seem to be talking about Section Link pages. These items are links to product pages. While you can use these with "single product per section" type pages, you cannot put the product price or an Add to Cart on the section link items.

You can use Custom Properties to hold such informative text but it won't change when you alter prices - you'd have to remember to do it all twice.
          If you cant put add to basket or price on the section link items, how have they achieved this look on the attachment i posted above?

Also, the page that you can use to show features, etc along with price & add to cart, what is the name of this template called so i can modify it?

Comment

As Norman points out your screen grab is at the section level... the desired screen grab looks like a product duplicate using a modified template (which sits beneath the section layout)... hence the ability to add to cart or clicking on the link to view more will probably take the user back to the master product

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Your screen grab is of a Section Link page that links to pages called IPF325 Phillips Fax Machine, etc. It's in these (final) pages that you should have Products. You create products by right clicking on such a Section and choosing New Product.

Product get their layout from Templates like Act_ProductLine.html of which several are provided to give you a choice of alternative layouts.

Comment

Screenshot provided of my content tree.
                Im slightly confused as to what your saying to me - Sorry!

In order to achieve the layout I pointed out on the screenshot above, (aware that it is a modifed template) how do I need my content tree to look?

This sections, sub sections, etc is slightly confusing me TBH and its takes me that extra time to get my head round it.

Thanks for your patience!

PS One more thing, say I have altered a template which is stored in the site1 folder, if i modify say the Act_ProductLine.html, do i have to save this modified template under the SAME name, or is it ok to save it as a different filename?

That screenshot of my "section" that I modified i called "section.html" and saved it in the site1 folder - and pointed the section link layout to that particular file. Is this ok?

One more thing.
                On the "product" page, is it possible to add a link to an external html page that will be displayed in the same MAIN body of the webpage? I want to add a hyperlink to an external webpage but do not want it as a pop-up.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Gavin,

yes - the comment on the attachment are correct .... the sections you point to are actually sub-sections (they sit inside another section) but are still sections and function as section. Sections can't have an add to cart button or show the product price automatically. Only a product page can have those features.

Best to "move up" the tree when thinking about the pages ..... the products sit inside a section but to see the products you need to be clicked onto the section (IPF325)... think of the section as a page on the internet ..... to view the actual section links (that you click on to go through to the products) you need to be clicked on to their parent section (Fax Machines). Probably not the best way to explain - just remember a section = a page

You can rename the template to whatever you like so long as you point Actinic to it at either the defautl level under layouts or on a section by section or product by product basis.

If you are wanting to link to another page you can add the following to the product description text or the text of a fragment

!!<<a href="http://www.site.com/page.html">External Link</a>>!!

That will load the new page into the same browser window

To open a new window you can use the target="_blank" inside the href statement

If you are wanting to load an external page inside your Actinic page and retain the Actinic theme and function you will need to use either a frameset or a better option an <iframe>

HTH

Bikster
                  SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Re Products:

The items you have mentioned as "Product Pages" aren't pages. These are Products which sit in the Section Page (immediately above in the tree). You can have many products per page, but have only chosen to put one per page in the layout you show.

Re Templates:

You can have many Product Template (Act_ProductLineXXXX.html) for example. You can choose which one to use either globally, at the section level or per product.

Re screenshot -> section.html:

I've no idea what you want to do here.

Re: Link.

You can embedd HTML in the Product description by enclosing it with !!< and >!!

So !!<<a href="http://news.bbc.co.uk">BBC NEWS</a>>!! will work just like you want.

Comment

Cheers guys I had no idea about being able to embedd HTML code in between !!< >!! tags! great stuff.

Using IFRAMES ive managed to be able to load an external HTML page directly into the product page using this html:

!!<<IFRAME src="http://www.dutchwest.com/accessories/aj3600.html" width="800" height="800" scrolling="auto" frameborder="0"></IFRAME>>!!

However what I would prefer is that that there is a hyperlink which is:

CLICK HERE FOR SPARES/ACCESSORIES

When clicked it will load up the HTML page within the same frame as the product (not pop-up, same window, seperate window) but keeps the rest of the site still in tact if you know what I mean?

Comment

Working...
                      X