Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upgrade v4 to v7

HELP!

We set a website up for a customer a few years ago and when we did so, we set them up with actinic v4.

now its time for a refresh and they are wanting to upgrade to v7. I am currently building the site (in v7 developer).

Everything was going ok until today!

I set the shell of the site up on one machine and then in order to get the products out of the v4, i imported a snapshot which the customer gave me onto another machine with v7 developer and then did an export of the data, imported into my new shell and everything worked fine.

The customer has since now done lots of updates on their shop so i was trying to do the same thing with an updated snap shot, im starting to get de-bugging errors when importing the snapshot and then aqlso when im trying to import data.

Has anyone carried out this process before?

Is there a better way i can get the data out?

Hi Martin

Please try to compact the database in Actinic and then try to import the snapshot again.

To Compact Database:

Go to Housekeeping | Compact Database | Check both Catalog and Shipping.

If your client has upgraded to v7 then get the catalog export file (*CSV) from them and choose 'update' while importing it into your PC. If they are still on V4 ,then ask them to upgrade to V7, make a snapshot of the site as in Actinic v7 from your PC and then send that to your customer, make sure they do not choose to overwrite orders. Then export a snapshot from there and bring over to update your version to what the customer has.

I hope this helps.
    Regards

Dhivya Malani

Comment

Working...
    X