Site does not refresh cannot checkout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site does not refresh cannot checkout

Hello Folks, when I try to refresh my site it goes through the motions as if it is doing something at the end I click OK but when I look at the site no changes have been made.

I have tried refresh and upload but neither work and neither give an error message, when I test network settings it comes back as OK.

I also have the problem that when I go to checkout it gives me an error message that the site has time out, this may be because yesterday I mistakenly selected SSL in the options and uploaded , I then thought this may be causing the problem and de selected it but I think the problem of not being able to refresh the site properly is causing a few problems:

The site is at www.dermakind.co.uk and I am using a standard template for the shop ?

Any help would be most welcome

thanks

Without knowing what the 'old' and 'new' differences are - we can't tell from the site whether you changes are there or not.

Do you know about the browser cache - and have you eliminated all cached pages of your site before checking to see if it has changed?
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Site will not update

Hello Bill and thanks for the reply, I emptied the cache on my browser but the problem is still there. The only difference I can think of is that I had to change the hard disc in my pc and reloaded actinic about a 2 weeks ago, at the time I lost the backups that I had on the old hard disc so I had no site loaded on actinic.

The site was still up and people could place an order but I would know nothing about it until they phoned to ask where the order was. I then redid the site and uploaded on Monday and since then I have had the problems.

I do have another site running www.sovietsub.co.uk on the same pc and same actnic and that site has no problems I am able to upload changes etc.?

regards
      John

Comment

Your shopping cart is also broken, I can add to cart but nothing else.

Comment

Actinic will not refresh

Hello , I have just downloaded the patch for version 6 which made some changes to the scripts ? , reloaded but the problem is still there ?

Comment

Your site appears to be trying to use SSL for the Checkout. You need to be sure you've removed SSL and Refresh your site.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Actinic will not refresh

When I first did the site on Monday I ticked SSL and uploaded then realised the mistake and un ticked the ssl box, and have tried since then to refresh the site it goes through all the motions but when finnished nothing actually changes on the site ?

John

Comment

I would suggest a manual purge and refresh of the site...

1. Manually FTP to your server

2. Delete all the .pl and .pm files within your /cgi-bin/ folder

3. Delete all the .cat and .fil within your /acatalog/ folder

4. On your local PC, please go to 'C:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6\Sites\Site1'

5. Delete all the .pl and .pm and .cat and .fil files here as well

6. Go to the folder 'C:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6\Original' and copy the .pl and .pm and paste them back into your Site1 folder.

Now refresh the site. Let us know if it helped.

Kind regards,
                Bruce King
                SellerDeck

Comment

Checkout problem

I too have a checkout problem

When you click on the "Checkout" button on the "Shopping Cart page" we get an error message.

However when you are in the "Product Menu Page" and click on "Checkout" on the menubar or "Checkout Now" on the left side you go to the Checkout window normally.

My website is www.SevenNoTrump.com

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Comment

I would also follow Bruce's instructions above, and refresh your site, then let us know the result.

Comment

I tried it , did not help.

Phil

Comment

Phil,

From your site I see that youa re using different URL's for your acatalog and cgi-bin. What you currently have is
                        Catalog URL: http://www.sevennotrump.com/acatalog/
                        CGI-BIN URL : http://sevennotrump.com/cgi-bin/

Change the cgi-bin url to also show www. on the site name. The error is caused by this when checking out from the cart page. Upload the site once done and then try to checkout.

Kind regards,
                        Bruce King
                        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                        X