Alternative Ways of Importing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternative Ways of Importing

Right I'm having serious problems with my client importing site snapshots and no information I can find here is proving any help so....

Is it possible to import a site in another way ? For example if I sent my client the full Site1 folder from my computer and they copy and paste it into their directory ?

Cheers,
    Tom
    "Eat. Drink. Sleep"
    The Stoofoo Philosophy

providing you are just talking product data and not template changes, you just need the ActinicCatalog.mdb file.

My website designers just send me single files to drop into my site1 folder if they change a template for me, so I would have thought that a one off copy of the site1 folder and then just updates of any files you have needed to change would work.

Comment

snapshot is the easiest. if your client can't handle snapshot I doubt if they will cope a different method.

What are the snapshot issues?

Comment

Once you have succesfully uploaded the site, export your network settings and include that in whatever you send the client - he then just needs to open Advanced | Network Settings and import your file (don't forget to allow for any difference in proxy settings - you should change to his requirements on that before you export).

Same with the four settings from Housekeeping | Security - if you have been using his licence, three settings if you have not. Copy and paste to NotePad or similar, save and send him the file.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
        X