Multi-User

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi-User

Could anyone who has bought/installed Multi-User recently please contact me via email. I'm interested in how you decided on the number of user licences (i.e. machine installations) and the practicalities of implementation. It would be great to get some real user feedback before we commit to this investment

jimriley@tutor2u.net

Thanks

Jim
    www.tutor2u.net

Smarta Marketing Firm of the Year 2011

tutor2u on Facebook

tutor2u on Twitter

Originally posted by Jim Riley
    I'm interested in how you decided on the number of user licences (i.e. machine installations) and the practicalities of implementation.
    Jim

Licenses are not concurrent users but by machine so if you want to be able to access it from say 5 machines you will need 5 licenses. You then decide who you want to be able to access it and whether they are a user or an administrator. It will only allow one admin access at a time and will force, with warning, a second admin as a user if more than one logs on.

If you run multiple sites then logins are site specific.

Implementation is easy. If you are an existing user simply install it from one PC and set up the sites folder on your network. You can use Linux/Novell/Unix/Windoze server platform so long as you can do a Windoze mapped drive. Then all you do is import a site exported from your stand alone version. Then set up the other workstations to find the site folder on the server.

If you are new user then simply create your site(s) as you would normally.

It took me all of a couple of hours one evening set up and get going. I only had one minor set up selection (that didn't stop us working) that Tech Support answered for me the next day.

Regards

Alistair

Comment

Working...
    X