Using this script in Actinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using this script in Actinic

I would like to use the "Drop-in slideshow II (hyperlinked)" script at www.dynamicdrive.com however it is quite long and I do not want to have all that script in the page as from what I read it can effect SEO.

Is there a way of putting this into an external file and calling it from a few lines of script much like the Yahoo Sections script that comes with Actinic?

Thanks to all that reply.

Copy the code into notepad and save the file as "dropInSlideshow.js". If you want the script to appear in every page on your site, open up Act_Primary.html and search for "</head>". Directly above this, paste the following:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.yoursite.com/acatalog/dropInSlideshow.js"></script>

Obviously edit the above to include your site URL. Repeat this with the Act_BrochurePrimary.html template as well.

Lastly, in Actinic, click on Advanced > Additional Files. Add the dropInSlideshow.js file here and click OK. Now upload, and the script should be referenced on every page on your site.

From the looks of the script, you'll have to configure some of the javascript variables to get it working.
    www.gbradley.co.uk
    Web Development, Actinic Patches, Scripts & more

Comment

Hi

Thanks for that, I have now done it and Actinic uploads the file ok. What do I have to put in the body of the page to "call" that JS?

Comment

**UPDATE**

Thanks for the help so far, I have managed to move all the scripts from the <HEAD></HEAD> section to external files and call them with single lines in the body section.

The script above requires the whole thing to be inserted into the body of the html and I cannot for the life of me work out how to move this to an external file, any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Best Wishes

Comment

You can put the code I mentioned above:

Code:
          <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.yoursite.com/acatalog/dropInSlideshow.js"></script>
          in the <HEAD> or directly into the page body. Normally all JS code is placed inside the head and called with an event from within the body, but can work being placed inside the body tag too.
          www.gbradley.co.uk
          Web Development, Actinic Patches, Scripts & more

Comment

Thanks, got it sorted now.

Comment

Working...
            X