Including Attributes in import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Including Attributes in import

Hi Everyone I have imported 5000 products into actinic successfully but I want to add attributes to each of the products as technical imformation. The only way I can see as doing this is as a hierarchical file which, as all my imformation from suppliers comes as flat file format may prove to be a problem.
    Is it possible to import attributes through flat file format and if it is not then how do you convert flat file to hierarchial files.

Jon

Hi

I have just posted a reply on enquiry "CSV Import Help!", posted by WhoBar

This may be of help ?

Chris

Comment

Hi Chris thanks for reply but I have arround 5 to 6 thousand products and it will be no fun doing it using copy and paste but I will keep my options open

Comment

Jon,

I think Chris's option is the better way to go. Another way would be to input this info directly in to the Database, 'Product Properties' table, but is something I would not recommend.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Jon,

I posted a description of how I turned flat files into hierarchical using Excel formulae last year, here:
          http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=15040

It's not slick, but it works. The example spreadsheet turns 5 columns of prices into the rows of a hierarchical import file for 5 price schedules, but you could use the same for 5 columns of attributes, etc, etc. Dunno if it'll help, but it's there if you want to take a look.

Neil
          Neil Rabbitts
          Out of the Hat Ltd

www.outofthehat.co.uk - personalised gifts and more

Comment

Working...
          X