Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Started to use one Clean Template wish to use another - Easiest way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started to use one Clean Template wish to use another - Easiest way?

I started to modify some HTML templates using one of the clean themes, think its #13 or #14 which has the navigation buttons, ive decided the whole layout of the site will look much better where the navigation are just text links instead.

Whats the easiest rout to go in order to change the template, as if i change the template it will change all my html modified templates ?

Is it a case of making a backup of the templates, selecting the new theme through actinic then copying the html templates back into site1 folder?

Act_NavigationItem always you to change between text and images ... the text option will be commented out ... simply swap them over

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

ok some my template looks like this:

<!-- NavigationItem HTML begin -->
      <!-- This file is used to build the navigation item markup. -->

NETQUOTEVAR:TEMPLATEBEGINXML
      <A HREF="NETQUOTEVAR:NAVLINK" TARGET="NETQUOTEVAR:NAVTARGET" NETQUOTEVAR:MOUSEOVERCALL>NETQUOTEVAR:NAVIMAGE</A>
      NETQUOTEVAR:TEMPLATEENDXML

<!--not used NETQUOTEVAR:NAVTEXT-->
      <!-- This file is used to build the navigation item markup. -->
      <!-- NavigationItem HTML end -->
      what do i need to alter?
      I tried changing the NETQUOTEVAR:NAVIMAGE to NAVTEXT but when i previewed the site all the navigation buttons where gone completely but no text links in there place.

Comment

Changing NAVIMAGE to NAVTEXT is the trick.

Have you checked you have text set under Design | Options | Navigation and that you are not showing say black text on a black background?

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I realised in DESIGN->OPTIONS->NAVIGATION I had no text in the fields lol!
          So this changes my buttons to text navigation links but on my Act_Brochure Primary.html files they still show the buttons?

Comment

You need to make the same change to Act_BrochureNavItem.html. You can access this by going to Advanced | Template Manager | Brochure | Nav.Item

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
            X