Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic7 Visual Modifications

hi all

i,m newbie to actinic, i have set my server up and i,m just practicing before i build an ecommerce site for real .

can some one help me on how can i change things like the background colour and other visual elements.

i cant see any html i can tamper with and i have read that i can integrate it with dreamweaver.

anyhelp would be great.

many thanks

All the pages are compiled using the Act_Templates found in hte root of the Site1 folder. You can also change colours under Design | Colours ... note if there is a background image is in use the background-colour option will be greyed out.

You can also find the actinic.css in the root of the site1 which is a better place for adding backgrounds etc.

To use the DW extensions install the plug-in (see the help file) then preview the page under Actinic and then opened the resulting previewed page .. this wil be in the PreviewHTML subfolder of the site

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

many thanks for that

si i can open site1 folder and tamper with the site colour and so on that way and than open it again in actinic and all the changes would be done and than jjust update the site to the server.

is that correct?

thanks

Comment

Yes - make sure you only change the templates in the root of the site1 folder Act_Templates.html, actinic.css etc ... they are the ones Actinic uses to compile for the upload

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by jont
          Yes - make sure you only change the templates in the root of the site1 folder Act_Templates.html, actinic.css etc ... they are the ones Actinic uses to compile for the upload

hi the only folder i see in the site1 folder is:

have a look at the image please

http://img475.imageshack.us/img475/4650/folder4ws.gif

Comment

is there a specific folder to use i,m also looking into using the dreamweaver extension as well.

Comment

You are in the right folder ... scroll down further and you will see the Act_Templates eg: Act_Primary.html, Act_ProductLine.html etc

Bikster

Comment

You are in the right folder ... scroll down further and you will see the Act_Templates eg: Act_Primary.html, Act_ProductLine.html etc

hi

thanks for getting back to me, i just quickly have a look, i have to ask is there anychance you have msn, it would be easier to communnicate or you could keep it stricly in the forum either way i,m grateful.

thanks

Comment

Hi,

send me an email via the forum link against my profile as that may be easier for the moment

Bikster

Comment

Hi,

send me an email via the forum link against my profile as that may be easier for the moment

thanks for that

Comment

hi there

i have tried changing the colours of the backgrounds and different elements for my actinic site via dreamweaver using the dreamweaver extension in actinic.

i managed to change a colour and add some text i than save it in dreamweaver and than it asks me to regenerate the the shop in actinic in order for me to see the changes, does that mean upload the site aain or something else i missed?

thanks

Comment

Hi - replying to your email of the same

Bikster

Comment

Hi - replying to your email of the same

hi

many thanks

Comment

Working...