Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VARIANTADDTOCARTBUTTON showing on website

Hi,

We are entering attributes for our products so that a more advanced search form can be developed.

However we do not want the attributes to appear directly on the site so i'm using the NETQUOTEVAR 'VARIANTADDTOCARTBUTTON'. I don't think this will cause a problem at checkout as each of our attributes will only have a single choice.

However if ordering is not enabled on the product the 'Please call to order' message is no longer displayed, instead the netquotevar is written to the page directly. This can be seen on our T6 / R6 radio modules page

Unfortunately I've entered loads of attributes now so can't return to the old template without all the attributes appearing on the page. Is there any way of stopping the netquotevar being written directly to the page?
    <a href="http://www.rfsolutions.co.uk">RF Solutions Ltd - Remote Control, Bluetooth, Zigbee, RFID, GSM and GPS Products</a>

Not sure if this is related but you have an entire HTML page pasted in as the

Product Description The T6 and R6 miniature UHF radio modules

You shouldn't have anything but palin visible text and simple HTML tags in there. No <HEAD>...</HEAD> just the stuff between <BODY>...</BODY> (non inclusive).
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Yes, I see what you mean. I may be able to take the unnecessary tags out of the additional page templates.

To be honest I don't generally bother looking at the source code, actinic seems to add so many of its own html errors I gave up trying to fix them all. If the page renders OK in ie and firefox then it can't be too bad..
      <a href="http://www.rfsolutions.co.uk">RF Solutions Ltd - Remote Control, Bluetooth, Zigbee, RFID, GSM and GPS Products</a>

Comment

It's not Actinic code that's corrupt. Actinic generates pretty well-behaved code. It may add a few unknown tags but these are not a problem as it's part of the HTML spec that browsers simply ignore unknown tags.

There must be problem caused by the stuff you have bunged into the middle of an Actinic page.

If you fix that you may find that your original problem disappears.

Comment

Hi Norman,

I've removed the extra tags and my validator now reports a few less errors. Unfortunately the original problem still exists.

I'm using the HTML validator extension in firefox to check the code but this only reports the first few errors, do you use a tool which would report all of the errors?

Comment

No. I look at the page source with the Mk1 eyeball. Your extraneous code was so big it was easy to spot.

Comment

Update. Are you sure that product is using the same Template as the rest. I see it has a lot of additional text in it.

I just made a quick test here. I replaced NETQUOTEVAR:ADDTOCARTBUTTON with NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTADDTOCARTBUTTON and unchecked a product's "Can Be Ordered Online". The page rendered just fine. Using 7.0.4.

Comment

Yes it was using the same template. It seems that the problem only occurs if the pricing is disabled as well.

I've changed the template for these products now to remove the VARIANTADDTOCARTBUTTON netquotevar completely.

Thanks for your help,
                Mike

Comment

Weird. I still don't see that. If I set price to 0 and uncheck Can be Ordered Online, everything is fine.

Comment

Ah yes, that works OK for me as well now.

I was using the 'Enabled' tick box under the prices tab to remove the price. I didn't realise setting the price to 0 would remove it as well.

Thats good, I won't need to duplicate my product templates now.

Comment

I see that problem now under those conditions. This has to be an Actinic bug I think.

In case Actinic is listening:-

NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTS and NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTADDTOCARTBUTTON both display the text NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTS and NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTADDTOCARTBUTTON if Enabled is unchecked in the Product Details / Prices.

Tested with 7.0.4.

Scenario.

Go to the Demo Site "Calculator" product.

Edit Act_productLine.html to replace NETQUOTEVAR:ADDTOCARTBUTTON with NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTS NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTADDTOCARTBUTTON.

Check that page previews OK.

Now go to Product Details / Prices and uncheck Enabled.

Preview (and Upload) now lets NETQUOTEVARS show.

I'll post this as a separate bug report once I've tested this on V7.0.6.

Comment

Hi Norman,

Thanks for this, did see the other post with the bug report too. Has been reported to the development team.

Kind regards,
                        Bruce King
                        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                        X