• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

abend when trying to create shipping choices

We are on 7.0.1.0.0.0 EGSA

Our standard method is to ship via ANC
    We only ship to the UK
    Our shipping cost is built in to our product prices - not calculated separately.

We now want to give customers the option of selecting next day delivery for a fixed cost.

From puzzling through the various threads on shipping, I am thinking I need to create two "states" under the Advanced / Locations/ United Kingdom... one called "standard ANC delivery" the other called "Next Day delivery".

I tried doing that and now I seem to be in a loop with an error msg box popping up which says over and over and over and over and over and over: An invalid argument was encountered.

When finally able to click on something else, I deleted those two rows and still got a bunch of those error msgs.

Eventually, Actinic dies while I am doing nothing but trying to read these threads!
    AppName: catalog.exe AppVer: 7.0.1.0 ModName: catalog.exe
    ModVer: 7.0.1.0 Offset: 001393fa
    Eileen Eby
    http://www.wildbirdfood.uk.com

No - you are on the wrong track.

'States' or 'regions' are needed if you are going to charge different amounts to different areas of the uk.

to add a new shipping method, you need to look at 'Shipping Classes' in the online help under Shipping and Handling - Calculating Shipping Charges.

If you want to add a fixed cost option, and you do not already use components - you can do it by creating an optional component called "Next day delivery" on one product - set the cost as the difference between standard shipping and next day, and change the pricing model to sum of product and components. Then copy that component and paste it onto every other product in your shop.

Once your finished, do a quick check on the pricing mode of the products you pasted the component onto - and you're off.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

thanks for spotting my wrong thinking...

I've now selected:
      Shipping by total value
      In my Shipping Bands by Zone:
      one Zone: Free Zone
      two classes under Free Zone:
      standard charge: Order Value £100.00 Cost £0.00
      overnight charge: Order Value £100.00 Cost £ourcharge
      Excess: take the highest value

and it appears to be working as desired
      Eileen Eby
      http://www.wildbirdfood.uk.com

Comment