Problem with downloads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with downloads

i got a problem and cant seem to find help on it. I offer others to send check and money orders for our software but when they click money order it takes them right to the end page where there is a link to download the software. How do i fix this where i can wait for payment then when i recive it i can click something and it will send the link to them?

You would need to completely disable the option to automatically send email to customer, and send the emails manually from the order tab options when you process the order. This would mean even customers who pay by immediate options such as Paypal have to wait for you to download their order and send the mail, but would give you the control you need.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Bill - isn't the download link also displayed in the on-screen confirmation? Only vaguely dabbled with DD but seem to recall that happened.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

You could disable the "auto ship" function but that would stop people from receiving if paying by credit card etc

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

John - I do believe you may be correct, but like you I have not published a site using DD. I would expect the software to only include the DL link if there is a successful PSP callback - but perhaps it provides the link to all and sundry - if so, a bit of poor programming.

In that case it would need a combination of disabled autoship and disabled email to stop the user getting immediate access to the download.
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

so in order to make it where people who pay with offline payment not get access to the software i have to do what?

And is there a way if they pay with online payment it will send just fine?

Is there a way to set up the cart if they do pick offline payment it takes them to a diff checkout or something?

oh ya. What files do i need to edit to make a custom look on site?

Comment

Hi there,

I am afraid that this may not be possible as there is no way to take the customers to a different check out if its an offline payment.
              [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=Navy]
              Regards,
              Karthik

Comment

Working...
              X