Special delivery instructions field editable offline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Special delivery instructions field editable offline

How can I make the 'Special delivery instructions' field available offline? Right now it can only be filled in by the customer during checkout; when you download the order the field is greyed out. However, it would be very helpful for order processing to have this field editable offline as well. I don't know how many times we've heard "Oh, I forgot to mention..." from a customer and this field would be ideal for noting the special delivery instructions they forgot to fill in during checkout. It's particularly galling you can't write in the field when you can put your curser in it and it blinks!

yvonne
    http://hiddenvalleyhibiscus.com

You can enter this via Access in the table: Order, field: sUserDefinedShipping. But it would be nice to be able to enter that from within Actinic.

Comment

No way am I going to allow our order processer to mess around with the Actinic file in Access! Excuse me while I fan myself a bit, felt sort of faint there for a moment, but I think I'd prefer a more, well, fool-proof method.

yvonne

Comment

Got it - you can fill in details in the User Defined in the Delivery Contact (Customer Tab of Order). This gets printed directly below the address and would still visible in the doc window.

Comment

I agree. I tend to use order adjustments to keep track of these kind of things. At least this way it gets printed on the invoice which helps me as I don't use the packing lists.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Well, we already use this field, had to really, but to me this is just a stop-gap measure when the SDI field just sits there and practically BEGS one to write in it!

A thought: Can permissions be changed for this field in Access to allow adding entries from within Actinic or must the core Actinic program script be changed as well?

yvonne

Comment

Yvonne,

On an already downloaded order you will not be able to edit the SDE field, this is one for the wishlist. I will add a vote for you.

Kind regards,
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
              X