perl mods, and no comments in files :o/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

perl mods, and no comments in files :o/

i'm not a bad perl coder, but i am stumped as to some of the more interesting functions in the catalogs perl. i'm attempting to make a stripped down version of the search, with limited results returned, and no controls, and actually to a specific template. this far, i'v made an alternate search and managed to include it in the site. fine and dandy.

the search seems to add char encoded content and some bizzare .pl forwarding link to the product in the results

"cgi-bin/sh000008.pl?REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww%"
    etc etc.

in what part of sh.pl does this link get generated, and how can i make it a stndard link?
    Last edited by gabrielcrowe; 19-May-2006, 08:33 AM. Reason: bloody spelling mistakes, making me look like a smacktard.

Are you editing the correct file? The ss000001.pl is generated by Actinic. The real file is SearchScript.pl (in Site1) and this is fully commented. Make your edits there and they will be passed to a new ss000001.pl whenever you Update.

The sh000001.pl is the SearchHighlight script. This isn't used if you turn off Highlight Located text in View / Search Settings / Results.

Actinic strips comments and unnecessary spaces when generating these files to reduce server loading.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

eek!

no, i dont want to change the main search. that script is fine, i needed to make an alternative pl, that has the same codebase as the ones in the cgi-bin, but after consulting the page that generated the code in the first place, i can see the comments now.

ta muchly.

Comment

after exploring the perl files, i'm stil left with the perl problem, where i need the items in the searched list, to link directly to the product. an not go through sh.pl

is this redirect essential, or is there an option to turn off the redirects?

Comment

As mentioned above - This isn't used if you turn off Highlight Located text in View / Search Settings / Results.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
          X