Keeping Actinic Secure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeping Actinic Secure

I've got my site live and we have been starting to get orders, but the concern has now arisen about keeping everything secure. We are using a shop computer to receive orders and a laptop to update the site. If someone was to steal that laptop or break in and steal teh shop computer they could easily load up actinic and retrieve any customers details, including that of cards.

This of course would be a disaster for everyone involved and isn't an issue to be relaxed about. What is the best way of securing actinic actinic on both computers. The laptop is currently running windows xp pro, but the desktop in the shop is xp home. I know there is a way of securing folders in pro but its not so easy to do this in home. I have a couple of ideas but none that seem ideal. Is there a third party program that anyone uses, any tried or tested method?

Thanks

-Leonard

The best way is to use an online card processor then you don't have peoples credit card info on a machine ready to be stolen.

additionally ensure you shop pc is bolted to something so the base unit can't be stolen very easily and get a kensington lock for your laptop.

Place passwords on both machines at startup.

The above will help, others will add more ideas I am sure......

do a search in the forum on PSPs we have discussed the threats and implications of shop owners keeping CC detail on Pcs etc. As you say it is a disaster waiting to happen.

Comment

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...842#post107842 Being discussed here as well.

Comment

Working...
      X