Importing multiple user accounts with excel spreadsheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing multiple user accounts with excel spreadsheet

I have an excel sheet with over 5000 users with their details however I would rather not have to key in every single user into the actinic database. Can i format the data into an excel spreadsheet and import it into actinic in anyway? If importing through actinic can not be done, can it be imported with access directly into the ActinicCatalog.mdb?

If you manually go through the process of creating a customer within the accounts area to start with, then go into File | Export (enable customer accounts) then once exported it will show you the format you would need to comply with to create an import file...

When importing, if the structure of the import is not the same as Actinic fully recognises, then you are given a mapping option, but this assumes uniformity across each row or hierartical (never can spell that LOL) deployment, but should help you with so many, although some tweaking of what you have is going to be needed without a shadow of a doubt.

Comment

Quicker Import of Customer Accounts

Hi,

I needed to import a large number of customer accounts and I found the advice of building a spreadsheet based on the Actinic Customer Account Export impractical and somewhat short-sighted advice as you may as well key in the details directly into Actinic as this will be quick than creating 3 distinct lines of data per customer account within Actinic.

With this hacked off attitude I decided to figure out how to update the tables within Actinic.mdb directly - Success and it only took a couple of hours.

If anyone want advice or would like our company to do this please feel free to contact me.
      Kevin

Kewley Consultants Ltd

Comment

Working...
      X