No mail sended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No mail sended

Hi. After each order, payment or delivery I send mail to my clients. And since 2 weeks I was very surprised as customers phone to get information : so I understand they do not get any mail.
    Email settings is correct. If I make a test the result is positive (Actinic Mail Test completed successfully).
    On each order a mail appear as sended with a copy of the mail.
    How can I check where is the problem ?
    Thanks
    Didier
    www.supreme.fr

http://www.supreme.fr/acatalog/error.err
    shows a couple of mail sending errors if that helps.

Comment

Thanks. No it doesn't help me. The last error on this file is on the 17/05/06 and I send mail every day? I think there must be a mistake somewhere, but where ?
      Didier
      www.supreme.fr

Comment

Are you assigning a mail server address within the Network settings smtp server address?

If so, you might want to try

localhost

update the site and then see if that works... Many find it a one stop solution, but is dependant on your host allowing relaying of mail via the localhost sendmail system on the server you are hosted on.

Comment

I have tried to change to localhost, but if I make a test, it crash the computer ! So ?
          The smtp server is : smtp.wanadoo.fr. When I make a test I get passed for all (server, connection, socket ...) except on message for which I do not get anu information.
          I have upgraded from v5 to v7 recently. It worked on v5 with the same parameters.
          Didier
          www.supreme.fr

Comment

You mail is not on your site hosting server. Have you got 'Username and Password Required' checked and filled in? - you will need that to authenticate with your mail server. I presume you have tested your settings in Network Setup and you get a test email message received?

Comment

I have contacted the hosting company (ovh) and they told me that it is impossible now (since 15 days) to send mail via smtp for the website which are hosted in their server. He proposed me to use another system (Mail php ??)
              Is there somebody to help me for the configuration ? I have no idea of what I must modify ?
              Thanks
              Didier
              www.supreme.fr

Comment

Actinic does not use php, it uses perl scripts to send mail. Seems like it might be time to change hosts.
                However I thought you originally said that the Network Test runs OK and that only sometimes the emails didn't go - Just above you mention that your host has made a change 15 days ago?

Comment

When I did the test I get "passed" for all (server, connection, socket ...) except on "message" for which I do not get any information, only "-". That probably means it doesn't work. It is not sometimes that email didn't go, it is always !
                  Didier
                  www.supreme.fr

Comment

First I think you should specifically ask your host if the server supports sendmail. Also ask them what changes were made 2 weeks ago.
                    From what you're saying it seems they have stopped allowing sendmail scripts.
                    If they have then (unless anyone else can suggest something else or correct my line of thinking) you will have a problem and may have to think about changing hosts.

Comment

I have spoken with them, but is is very technical for me. As they have a lot of client which use their server to send spam, they have decided to stop the possibility for their client to send mail through their server. So I can continue to use them for my mail address in relation with my website : for example didier@supreme.fr, but I cannot use their server as smtp to send mail to my clients. In the same way, I cannot use others smtp as wanadoo to send mail to my clients (wanadoo is my provider ). So I think you're right : they have probably stopped allowing sendmail script : they proposed me to check with Mail php.
                      I am working to built a bridge between Actinic and my invoice software : when it will work, all mail will be send by the invoice software in html, so problem can be resolve in this way.
                      (sorry but is its difficult to explain in French, so in English !!!)
                      Thanks for your help
                      Didier
                      www.supreme.fr

Comment

Working...
                      X