Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Database Access?

Hi,

We are considering using actinic for a big project to build a central shopping portal with orders being serviced by partner companies serving customers local to themselves.

Order will therefore be taken centrally, paid for centrally, but then fulfilled by a third party who will then require payment from the central site. I can see that as a shopping cart system Actinic is highly rated and that it can be integrated with Sage 50 for financial data. What is not obvious is the degree of openess of the back end database to allow me to write custom code to manage the back office side of things.

I've trawled the documentation but can't find a database structure map or any details about how to write add-ons. Can anyone help?

As far as am aware, nothing exists off the shelf to automate the transmission of order lines to third parties to fullfil for you. It is something which many have asked for where they want the suppiers to be informed of what is to be sent out to each customer, but todate not heard of anything that has been developed to cater for this.

As the order receipt is done at the Actinic machine at your end, then it is not without possibility for you to write an application in win32 that connects to the Access Db, finds all orders to be fullfiled, and then send backend connections to the providers in question of certain products etc, but bespoke, so you would be looking at some development work to achieve it.

If anyone does know of a tool/app that has been developed (as it has been discussed before) then pray tell, as many small and large would be interested in such a solution to automate this with suppliers.

Comment

Originally posted by Support@Techno-
      As the order receipt is done at the Actinic machine at your end, then it is not without possibility for you to write an application in win32 that connects to the Access Db, finds all orders to be fullfiled, and then send backend connections to the providers in question of certain products etc, but bespoke, so you would be looking at some development work to achieve it.
      You've given me info I didn't have in that the back end is an access database. I'm an ASP programmer so writing code to hook into the access data (as long as the structure is documented) woul dbe something I'd be willing to do.

Sounds like it's time to download the demo and have a play. Am I correct that the right version to use would be the developer version?

Comment

You can ask Actinic for the database structure to help you.

You should also take a look at mole-end.biz as they have several products that automate processes, they have 30 days trials on their products which will allow you plenty of time to evaluate.

Take a look at the Actinic site where you can compare the features of catalog, business and developer

All developer does is allow you to run multiple sites, you may find Business suits your requirement if you are looking to develop one site only.

Comment

Working...
        X