Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

email attachments

Hi,
    Is it possible to allow a user to make an attachment (say a picture, photo or other file) to an email from the 'contact us' page?. If so how can i arrange for this?

Cheers

John Cowsill

I'm not sure if I would want to allow people to upload to the server. If no one replies with any script change options then you could alternatively place a mailto link on the page that would open their local email client with the email address and subject etc pre filled in - they could then attach a file that way.

Comment

spamming

Hi,
      After a long pause!...
      If i use the 'mailto' method, i will get inundated with spam i understand.
      Is there a way of using mailto which will get round the spamming problem, or is there a way of using the contact box that will allow an attachment to be sent?
      cheers
      John

Comment

It would be easier to obfuscate the email address and allow the user to use their own email client with attachment facilities.

Another option would be to use a standard PHP upload page which can be set to restrict the type of attachments and also file sizes... this then can be set prevent .EXE files being uploaded and wreacking havoc on the server .. this method is useful if uploading artwork for personlaised items etc.

This has been covered before on the forum or try a search on the internet for suitable PHP code or obfuscating email addresses

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi John,

I used the code from page 47 of the advanced users guide ( http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/downloads.htm if you haven't got it already.). This will bring up the users own e-mail program where they can attach documents etc in the usual way. As explained in the guide the code makes the address invisible to spammers. You can see it's effect at the bottom of the 'New Additions' box on the right hand side of my website.
          www.silvermoonbeads.com - Gemstones, Pearls, Hill Tribe sterling silver, Swarovski and Findings.

Comment

Working...
          X