Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I pick up stock level data of choices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I pick up stock level data of choices?

Hi

I'm new to this forum and to Actinic so I hope my first question isn''t too basic.

I am designing a clothing site, most items are 'one offs' but some come in Small/Med/ Large usually 1 of each size. Looking at example sites, the manuals and this forum, the way I'm going is to have one product per section and create listing pages from that based on item (clothes. shoes, accessories etc) and also by designer.

The problem I've hit is with items in 'out of stock' sizes not being marked as out of stock when I have a product with sizes.

With, say, jeans I have one of each size 26-30. and rather than list each as a separate item, I,m copying the choice dependant method on p.18 of the 'Getting Started ' book. I create a product with size attributes, create those sized products again where I can set a stock level and hide from web, and link to these through the permutations tab on the size component tree. Whereas when its a single item, I can play with the stock level and the 'add to cart' button changes to 'out of stock', all the jeans sizes remain as available on the drop down button, even if I reduce some to zero stock. So if I make size 28 and 29 out of stock, they still show up as available to add to cart.

What am I doing wrong?

You are doing nothing wrong. When the customer clicks add to cart, they will then get a message saying the selection is not valid as some of their chosen options are not in stock.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
    X