Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Review my site?

Hi all,

I would be really grateful for constructive comments on my site (sandedge.com). It's been up for a few months, but the traffic is dissapointing (a google issue I know) and sales are below target.

One option I am thinking of is resizing images so that more products will be seen on the landing page, but I'd appreciate some feeback from Actinic users before I make changes.

Thanks for your help

Sue Derry
    Sue Derry
    www.SandEdge.com for the perfect garden gift

Presonally, some constructive criticism:

1. I would put lots of interesting text about your products and why people should buy them on your brochure homepage - currently it's not a useful space.
    2. Your brochure homepage doesn't have a title - just called Home - why not put something like 'SandEdge garden gifts for home and outdoors'.
    3. Same on your acatalog index page - no text and descriptions - just pictures and titles - and again the page title is just Online Catalogue.
    4. Most sections have some descriptive text at the top of the page but non of the products have any descriptions. Nothing to persuade anyone to buy - just a picture and a price.
    5. I see you do (after looking hard) have some content pages which may be ok for the SEs but not for me - I found the menu hard to read with little contrast.
    6. Consider adding some cross linking to your info pages in fragmnents in your site.
    7. Very importantly I didn't notice a link to your site map anywhere on your site - consider having this on every page.
    8. Also consider making your logo link to your hompage.
    9. The images on the catalog index page are all different sizes which is not pleasant.

You mention adding more images to the landing page - remember most visitors probably won't enter your site via the homepage.

HTH

Comment

Thanks so much for your prompt and helpful suggestions.

I'll implement your ideas over the next few days.

Regards

Sue Derry
      Sue Derry
      www.SandEdge.com for the perfect garden gift

Comment

Hello,
        i think the link text under the images such as "for him" "for her" could do with being a little darker.
        Log Cabins and Garden Sheds
        Decking, Fencing, Gates and Spiral Stairs

Comment

Your site name and header image marry very well but what are they to do with your products? All your products seem to be gardening based and nothing to do with the sea / shore etc!

The search box top right is schematically in the best position - the use of the highly compressed images and the background image to the search box makes it look more like part of the background design (which is intentional) but is not immediately obvious it is a box to be clicked into IMHO

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

The major point for me is the lack of text on the site - SEs only see text without it you will never get any rankings. Your big mistake is putting all the descriptions in the extended info pop up, SEs cannot see these - I would move this text onto the main pages. Perhaps look at single page per product - read the recent posts about this and the potential pitfalls.

Also get rid of the enter site page - they really put people off.

Comment

Working...
            X