Uploadingto BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uploadingto BT

Can somebody recommend a host provider? We have had many problems uploading our website to BT without success. The problem seems to be running post to the scripts. Please please can you help??

Your network provider and the host are seperate things ... the network provider allows you to connect to the internet and the host stores the data for you. BT are fine for connecting to the internet but would not recommend them for serious e-commerce sites due to the compatability and strict permission issues they have.

Check out the forum for recommended hosts or even the main Actinic website for lists of host... there are several forum members such as pinbrook and techno web that host Actinic sites and are familiar with its needs.

You can still use BT as the ISP to connect as they are as good as any (I moved to them at the start of the year and they have been brilliant) but you may want to consider their static IP address (£5.00 per month) if using any SMTP email servers

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thank-you for your prompt reply. I'll get onto it now.

Comment

I recently signed up with Prosite and the service is great. I also took recommendations from other sites using them and got good feedback.

Contact = Jez

Trevor

Comment

Working...
        X