Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

java links are slow....

Hi

a customer has mentioned to us that the javascript links that are generated by actinic automatically are incredibily SLOW. (visit site here)

The NON java links (the ones in the boxes with pics and
    text) are running great, but the java links along the left are taking
    around 10 times longer to load the pages.

I have noticed this on a couple of other sites, is there anything we can do to speed them up?

Thanks

Martin

not only that, but browser security models stopped them working for me

http://www.estorebroker-processingce...ibid/acatalog/

is the real url and works fine.

your frameset is very bad for seo.

Comment

Hi, its our website that web@ack are asking about, and correct the browser security is stopping the menu from working when using the incredibid.co.uk address

it seems to be blocking the java script that makes the menu work, if you use the "real" address it works fine,

we are no longer using the orignal actinic links due to the slowness, its a menu plug in which i would love to get working as it does seem to be a lot faster, when its working that is

any ideas anybody

Thanks
      Andy
      www.incredibid.co.uk

Comment

It looks like incredibid.co.uk just contains a frame of estorebroker-processingcentre.co.uk/incredibid/acatalog/. Why? Are you trying to mask the long domain name? If so you would be far better loading the full site into the short domain in the normal manner, and putting a permanent redirect on the long one. This should solve the problem and get rid of the need for the frameset.

Comment

erm,
          well basicaly our web hosting is on estorebroker, but our domain name is just a "domain parking" type affair with 1and1,
          we use incredibid.co.uk mainly cause its our company name (as good a reason as any), so would really like to be able to make this work with the incredibid.co.uk address forwarding to the estorebroker address

thanks
          Andy
          www.incredibid.co.uk

Comment

Maybe someone else can figure out why the js doesn't work but I think you should consider hosting the site on 1and1 or transfering that domain to your existing hosts. Having your site in a frame is one of the worst things you do from a search engine perspective.

Comment

Working...
            X