Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Houston I have a credit card/hosting problem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Houston I have a credit card/hosting problem!

Currently have a 'Webfusion Pro' account on thier new linux 2 platform, that will not handle it... thanks to bosses 'economical' purchasing decision.

All options and suggestions are welcome.

Does actinic offer a solution, where I can take 'Credit Card Transactions' with this package???

I need something that works and is not to painful please...

Can anyone recommend a good e-commerce hosting package with a company that support the actinic catalog v7?

Malcolm Cook
    malc@talk-to-me.co.uk
    www.pos-to-me.co.uk

Sorry - but do not quite understand what you are asking.

Are you saying you cannot get Actinic running on your current host? Or are you saying that something on that hosting solutions stops you from processing credit card transactions?

Are you looking for a new host - a PSP - something else entirely?
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Excuse me, I will try be clearer

Recently started a new site.

I need to upload my catalog v7 firstly, and take credit card payments.

I have upload my cgi files manually and tried to refresh without the ssl without any joy.

My current hosting package does not offer ssl.

I'm confused and unsure how to proceed. Doing alot of reading and it isnt helping at the mo...

Do I need an SSL cert? Do I go for the actinic option? Can I upload without ssl and just rely on a psp like 'protx' for credit cards.

I see you have 'protx', how do you find them?

Malcolm Cook
      malc@talk-to-me.co.uk
      www.pos-to-me.co.uk

Comment

OK - you need to first get the network settings right, so that you can upload with Actinic.

The process of getting the network settings correct will also identify any other problems.

By the sounds of it, you have tried to upload as if you do have SSL enabled on your site when, in fact, you don't.

If so, first clear all the ssl data and untick the ssl box then try again to configure the network settings.

Using Protx (or even Paypal and/or Nochex) your own SSL is not mandatory - though there are many posts which suggest it raises customer confidence.

Even if you are going to use SSL, it is essential to get the basic upload working before adding the configuration changes needed for SSL.

I find Protx very good, but others have reported problems - most people only post when they have a problem though, so the preponderance of negative forum threads is not a true measure of performance.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

if you want an SSL enabled site without using a PSP, then you could consider actinic shared SSL. The SSL you buy from Actinic (not shared SSL as proviced by some hosting companies)

If you go for a PSP take a look at the ones that are integrated into actinic by viewing View Menu, Business settings, Payments and security, and view the contents of the drop down box under the heading Payment methods.

But first of all you need to establish if your current chosen host will run actinic without SSL enabled.

If it doesn't you will have to choose a new host, - then you can choose one who does support SSL - assuming at that stage you have decided you need it.

In the meanwhile you may like to read this page for background info on payment methods

http://www.pinbrook.net/actinic_payment_methods.htm

Comment

Working...
          X