Linking to Paypal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linking to Paypal

Anyone know how to have a direct link to Paypal so that when a customer chooses that option for paying, they are taken instantly to Paypal? At the moment, when a customer chooses Paypal, we send them a manually generated Paypal invoice. Many customers are confused because they are expecting to automatically be taken to Paypal.

Apologies if this has been covered before.

Doug

In v7 Papypal is available on the PSP dropdown in View | Business Settings - Payment and Security tab. You just need to input the email address you have registered with Paypal.

(This pre-supposes you have registered an email address with Paypal as a business account).

From this thread http://community.actinic.com/showthr...ghlight=paypal I would expect the same functionality is already present in v6.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I don't think that v6 has that function - at least I can't find it...

Doug

Comment

Hi there

Paypal is in Version 6, it may be that Doug has an older version of v6. Paypal was introduced in 6.1.3 I belive, The last build was 6.1.5 EGRA which I can confirm has Paypal included. I would suggest in upgrading to the latest version

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Nadeem - thanks for the reply. Paypal is available as an option on the version we are using and we have it activated. However, it does not provide for automatic Paypal invoicing. The order is downloaded and indicates that the customer wishes to pay by Paypal. We then have to access our Paypal account and send an invoice manually. What I am trying to do is set it up so that this manual stage is omitted.

Doug

Comment

Hi Doug,

Okay I see. Actinic only takes payment via Paypal and uses IPN (Instant Payment Notification). What happens if that the client purchases something from your website and pays for it, it goes into your paypal account, and you will download the order. In Actinic you will be able to print out an invoice. I'm not too sure about Paypal Invoice, there may be a setting in there for this to be automatic, but not too sure.

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

(This pre-supposes you have registered an email address with Paypal as a business account).

Did you?
              Bill
              www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
              Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
              BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
              Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
              VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
              Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
              X