Upload hanging on Catalog files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upload hanging on Catalog files

I am having problems uploading. The upload hangs on the same catalog page file every time.

Tried a site refresh, same result. Tried using the backup file, same result. Everything worked OK on an upload yesterday evening.

Also tried on a second computer running the same database files, no joy using this route either, hung on the same catalog file.

In all cases above the base files all uploaded with no problem.

Only changes I have made are to the Excel data file, adding weight values in readiness for changing from value based carriage to weight based.

Any ideas?
    Mick Jackson
    Jackson's Fishing Tackle
    www.jackfish.net

I take it the excel data file is a custom file you have created and linked to from Actinic?

Have you tried unlinking the weight column until you have your shipping setup complete?

Will it load with that link removed?
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I saw some similar problems recently.

One was caused by Norton's AntiSpyware erronously flagging a file - try turning Norton off temporarily, or search the Forum for Norton related.

The other by a Netgear DG834 router with an MTU of 1498 - setting it to 1500 seemed to fix things.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Norman I think you may have got it in one. Am using a Netgear DG834G router, will change the MTU as you suggest and report back, though it has worked OK for the past couple of weeks since I started using the Netgear Router.

Do not have Norton so that is not a problem.
        Mick Jackson
        Jackson's Fishing Tackle
        www.jackfish.net

Comment

You can try 1492 or 1500. If yours is set to 1498 then it's definitely worth trying these alternatives.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

None of the settings have any effect, still no joy.

Have disable the weight column from importing, no effect.

Below is the error log from Netgear:

TCP Packet - Source:00.0.00.0 Destination:000.000.0.0 - [PORT SCAN]
            (Edited out the above addresses as no longer needed)

Will try the old modem and see if it is Netgear that is causing the problem. First I will try a refresh of the Router.
            Mick Jackson
            Jackson's Fishing Tackle
            www.jackfish.net

Comment

Finally managed to upload after ditching the Netgear router and going back to a plain ADSL modem. Apart from a checksum error, probably as a result of the failed uploads, everthing now OK after a site refresh.

So, what caused the problem, all the MTU setting I tried failed. Perhaps a later vesrion of the firmware is the solution, as I am currently running the original version, which has quite a few younger bretheren.

Or, could it have been overheating by being permanently switched on? As it is situated away from direct heat and the weather has not been what you would call hot, then perhaps not.

Will upgrade the firmware and see if that has positive results.

At least with your help, yet again, Norman the source of the poblem was idenitified quickly.
              Mick Jackson
              Jackson's Fishing Tackle
              www.jackfish.net

Comment

Just been on the Netgear forum and read of all sorts of problems with firmware upgrades, resulting in many fried routers.

Don't think I will join them, probably stick with the ADSL modem for now and just use the router for wireless networking.

Netgear users be aware!
                Mick Jackson
                Jackson's Fishing Tackle
                www.jackfish.net

Comment

This has just answered my question as well.

The Alpha Shield firewall also causes a problem with uploading.

Prehaps there should be a Thread just for posting equipment that effects Actinic.
                  Log Cabins and Garden Sheds
                  Decking, Fencing, Gates and Spiral Stairs

Comment

Working...
                  X