Freezes during upgrade to 7.0.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freezes during upgrade to 7.0.6

I'm having a problem following an upgrade from v7.0.5 to v7.0.6 - everything appeared to be OK when I ran the patch, but each time I open a site, the upgrade starts and then freezes.

When I open Actinic, it tries to upgrade the open site, gets to the purple "Upgrading your site" window, then freezes with the progress bar stuck at 00%. If I leave it like that for about 10 minutes, the fan gets louder, and CPU usage is shown as being around 50%.

If I try CTRL-ALT-DEL, there's no program showing so I can't stop it that way, so the only way out of it is to restart the PC. After the first site upgrade attempt, it was OK when I re-opened Actinic, but the second site I'm trying to open has frozen twice so far.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Malcolm
    ¤ The world wide web needn't cost the earth
    ¤ ARTISAN INTERNET LTD
    ¤ www.artinet.co.uk

To follow up on that, is it possible to determine which site will open when I start Actinic, e.g. if it closed it with site A open, can I make it open with site B next time I start the program? It might help if I can open Actinic with the very small demo site rather than a larger one that I've been working on.

Malcolm
    ¤ ARTISAN INTERNET LTD
    ¤ www.artinet.co.uk

Comment

There are command line switches that you can use to open Actinic with a specific site (see Actinic Program help file - search for 'command'):
      "C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Catalog.exe" /s Site1

Comment

Many thanks, Duncan. I tried the command line "C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Catalog.exe" /s Site1, but it said "The specified site does not exist" and tried to open the site that was open when Actinic last shut down, with the same upgrade problem!

I tried another site, one with a space in the name, so I put the name in quotes, and it got as far as the upgrade. I thought it was going to work, but it only got to 5% before freezing.

I've also tried re-downloading the 7.0.6 patch and installing it again but it's not made any difference. Can anyone confirm that the patch file is 5,235KB?
        ¤ ARTISAN INTERNET LTD
        ¤ www.artinet.co.uk

Comment

As work's piling up, I've installed v7.0.6 onto another machine, and started importing snapshots. If everything goes OK for all sites (Ive got 18 of them to import), I'll remove Actinic from my main machine, and reinstall it. There's obviously a fairly major problem, either on my PC, or in Actinic.

Many thanks for trying to help, though, and I hope nobody else has this problem!

Malcolm
          ¤ ARTISAN INTERNET LTD
          ¤ www.artinet.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X