Comments on Hosting site with BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments on Hosting site with BT

I am unhappy with our current host, businessserve.co.uk, now legend.co.uk, soon to be something else.

the site seems to have regular outages and they are always having email problems.

The Chief has suggested moving the sites to BT business, this i like becasue he is also talking about putting it in my house and getting one of their fusion mobiles.

However I saw a post on here saying Bt was unsuitable for hosting actinic sites, can anyone clarify and expand on this.

Thanks
    Jonathan

We were with BusinessServe for a long time but had so many issues we had to move. BT are fine as an ISP but best to avoid for hosting - they are so very secure and rigid with their servers and scripts you wil not have much expansion room if you need to install anything alongside Actinic at a later stage.

I personally went with CLARA who are as good / bad as anybody but also worth checking the Actinic site for list of recommended hosts

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Bt was unsuitable for hosting actinic sites, can anyone clarify and expand
      from memory I don't think BT allow you access to change permissions on folders, thus actinic falls over

Comment

I spoke to actinic today and he said he know of one customer having issues, but many are ok. He thought the permissions were ok for actinic useage
        Jonathan

Comment

from memory
          didn't say my memory was perfect.....

I relied on memory for this reply as you can't search the forum on 2 lettered words ie BT

Comment

They are very very strict with what you can and can't do - so it may be OK at the moment if you manage to get hosted but does not allow much room for flexability later down the line. I personally would not restrict future growth on a site.

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks for your help, and comments.

I did search the forum on BT but i wanted to find out if anyone had up to date information.

Cheers
              Jonathan

Comment

Working...
              X