Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spam Arrest

Hi all,

Does anyone know, using 'Spam Arrest' to control your inbox, will this mess up how Actinic works with email receipts etc? I'm assuming so as the verification process needs to work first?

I'm so fed up of crap in the box so to speak!

Cheers

Beej
    Organic Image - Award-winning Airbrush Kustom Art & Airbrush Classes

Actinic emails are sent from your host server so I doubt Spam Arrest would have any effect on them.
    I think Spam Arrest acts as an intermediatory to your email client and filters anything unwanted and deletes from your email server after a period.

Comment

With any spam filter it is best to install it at its most lenient level and then add more filters and judge how it is going.

In the early days don't choose to delete spam but move it to another folder so you can catch any email that wrongly gets labelled as spam, you have to build filters, assess, rebuild filters etc etc until you get the correct level for you

Comment

The first line of defence should be the mail filters on your server ... try setting some RBL filters (such as SPAMCOP) and direct those to a temp POP3 address (eg spam@site.com) ... these will sort out the majority and then your local filters can handle the smaller amount that gets through

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
        X