font size and CSS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

font size and CSS

I think I'm having a problem with the font size on my site.

I have set the font size in css to x-small yet when I view my site in Explorer 6 it keeps showing my site in a "medium" size font - and I have to manually select font size "smaller" to get the site looking right.

Are others having the same problem and how do I fix it - when you look at site look at a shop page as the first page is made outside of actinic

eg. http://www.thehoneyfarm.com.au/acatalog/

on section pages you have section headings defined as

<h2 class="blue">tasmanian manuka honey</h2>
    on fruit honey page the products names seem to be showing in size 12, is that the size of x-small

Can you be more specific please

Comment

Sorry Jo,

On the shop pages I have some grey links - "Log In", "View Cart", and "Check Out". When I start up Explorer for the first time and look at my site the "View Cart" and "Check Out" appear on two lines. I then need to go to view>text size> (in Explorer) to change the size from medium to smalller so that these words appear on one line only. Then I can go to any pageon my site and it looks like it should. Maybe its not an Actinic problem but an Explorer one?

Comment

Ok I see now....

Looking at the code the text size is controlled by CSS class "navbar"

Check the font size within this definition.

Additionally I notice : login is control by class nav, checkout and basket are controlled by class navbar

Comment

additionally I seem to remember coming across this in the past where IE will display all fonts one size bigger than FF.

For this reason I stopped using small, medium large etcetc in my css definitions and reverted to the politically incorrect size 10,12, 14 etc

Comment

Thanks Jo,

I'll see what effect it has when I change the text size to 10,12 etc instead of small.

Comment

Using EM as the font size would be the better option for accessibility issues

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
              X