Product References/Part No.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product References/Part No.

How can different part numbers be applied to one product. For example a Jacket is available in 4 sizes (s, m, l, xl). each size has a part number (or sku)associated with it. I would noramlly treat this as one product with a drop down for size - but how do i show specific part numbers?

This website will have approx 15,000 products - so it is not really feasible to make the jacket into 4 different products.
    any ideas?
    Mark

1 product only has 1 part number/product reference number, so you have to create inidividual products for each different item, hide them and then associate them (the size) within the permutations connected to the drop down of sizes... That is the only way to do it properly if you want to track through sizes to product sizes/reference numbers - sorry.

Comment

Actinic is complete pants in the way it deals with sizes/colours etc (components ,attributes and choices)

There is the work around of creating hidden products for each combination, but this is not a realistic work around for shops with products with many choices.

The same goes for stock control on these same items and weights variations too.

I allocate 100 wish list points to this

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
        Actinic is complete pants in the way it deals with sizes/colours etc (components ,attributes and choices)

There is the work around of creating hidden products for each combination, but this is not a realistic work around for shops with products with many choices.

The same goes for stock control on these same items and weights variations too.

I allocate 100 wish list points to this
        I wholeheartedly agree with all the above!!!
        A further 100 wishlist points from me too
        Tracey

Comment

i suspected this was the case. I never have a bad word to say about actinic, but this is one hell of a handicap. I have been reluctantly researching into alternative software for this project. Some great stuff available for $10,000/month

Although actinic always does so well with google. Dilema!
          Mark

Comment

Well Actinic is an SME solution, and although it has its flaws, you still have to remember the level at which it is pitched and the price as well.

Of course more could be included in the software and some features which we all see on the likes of amazon, dabs, play are what a lot of people base what an ecommerce site (even there own Actinic) site should work like... But.... Actinic is SME for in most cases sub 1k per site for the top system, so we should not forget that element of it...

If you are seriously considering the likes of 10k per month on a different solution, then you exceed the SME threshold of where Actinic is aimed anyway, but that all said, there are lots of site with millions of pounds of sales going through there sites which run on Actinic, so it is only in the eye of the operator as to whether the SME solution covers there multi million pound operation or whether a bespoke solution or the likes of venda solution is utilized.

Comment

If your SKU's have different parts for things like colours and sizes then why not hold those bits of info against each Choice.

I do this on all the Top to Toe EPOS based sites.

These use a 12 digit barcode; the 1st 6 digits of the barcode is the overall product reference, the next 3 the colour and the last 3 the size.

See (e.g.) http://www.snowlines.co.uk/acatalog/...TS-LADIES.html and try putting something into the Cart, you'll see the exact SKU can be obtained from the selected Choices.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
              X