bounce to checkout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bounce to checkout

After adding to cart, is there a way to stay on the cart page, and give the visitor the option of "Continue Shopping" or "Proceed to Checkout" , instead of bouncing them back to the product page they came from?
    Mark

You need to change the shopping mode so that the qty and confirmation details are on that page, which then provide the confirm and checkout buttons.....

Might be other ways, but that is how I know it for that type of operation at the add to cart/checkout bit.

Comment

i have tried with quantity on both checkout & confirmation page, but get the same bounce page.
      have a look - www.surfsidepowersports.com (i suspect i may need to mess around.
      i found a post that might help on knowledgebase - Ref: KB491 (but it seems long winded for something i thought would be simple).
      Mark

Comment

Have you by any chance set your quantity to be 1

Business Settings, ordering tab

Comment

sorry to be an idiot but where would i have set the quantity?
          Mark

Comment

Business Settings, ordering tab

Comment

no quantity always 1 is unchecked. i am trying quantity on confirmation and checkout, and i cant stop it bouncing?
              Mark

Comment

Try going to Design / Options / Shop Defaults / Shopping Mode and set Bounce page delay: to 0. This will leave you in the Cart after adding products.
                Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

you're a star. thanks so much. got another question regarding tax

(american website) - I have set it up so that anyone ordering from within florida has to pay 6% sales tax. anyone outside florida pays no tax. (based on invoice address).

i have noticed that when you add to cart, it includes FL state tax, although it doesnt know whether you are a FL resident yet. Once you select another state during checkout, it removes this tax. but i am concerned that people will abandon their cart because it looks like they have to pay FL tax. can i keep this tax hidden until the very very very end?
                  try www.surfsidepowersports.com to see what i mean.
                  Mark

Comment

This is probably just due to cookie caching by your browser. Try clearing them and see how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                    X