Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search settings

I can’t seem to get the search settings on my site to give adequate results
    When I search for the following words they do not appear any where near the top of the search results. A few examples below.

"Pendant" 1st showing of a pendant is position 23
    "Silver" 1st showing of a silver product is position 60

Sometimes the exact same search results are returned regardless of what you are searching for. I have changed all the settings in order to remedy this but still keep getting irrelevant results.

Is there a way that the search function can be set up just to search the “Short Description” as I am sure that this will sort the problem out.

Kind regards

Jason
    www.quality-titanium.co.uk
    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Zirconium Rings
    Damascus Steel Rings

I think the problem may be related to the links at the bottom of each of the product pages - are they in a fragment? If so have you tried disabling the indexing of page fragments? And also if it is then putting it into the Act_Primary template instead would take it out of the index.

Comment

I have just stripped out all the links at the bottom and still get the same search results.

Kind regards

Jason
      Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
      Zirconium Rings
      Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Hmm - rules out the fragment probability then.
        I tried searching for 'pendant' and the first instance only had the word pendant on the page in the section list on the right. It seems to confirm what you thought initially that the search index is wrong. Have you tried the usuals - purge and refresh?

Comment

Working...
        X