Newbie help for multi column section layout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie help for multi column section layout

Hello - I am trying my first actinic ecommerce site, coming from a static web design background. I want to have a multiple column section layout and cannot work out how to do this. I have looked through the knowledge base and can see how to have multi-column product layout (although unable to make this work thus far!).

Can anyone give me a (very) basic overview of how to achieve this effect.

Thanks in advance.

Emma

Hi Emma,

Welcome to the forum. The following should resolve the multi-column section layout.

With your top section highlighted, see 'Section Details' on the right side of the program window. Go to the layout tab. See 'Location and Arrangement of Section List'. The default count is probably greyed out for the first row column count and the subsequent row column count.

By clicking 'Overide Default Settings' you can set the first row column count and subsequent row column count to whatever you want. Any parent section setting will set the default for all sections and subsections below it.

I'm afraid I can't help with the multi-column product layout. Someone else should be along though.

C

Comment

Charles has solved your multi column section layout question too

The number you put in the first row box should be the number of columns you want, with the second box containing the odd number needed to complete the layout - example 3, 1
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
      X