Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my templates have disappeared

Hi again,

I am doing my traditional method of learning new software = try everything and see what it does??!! However, this has left me in a bit of a mess as when I am opening preview pages in dreamweaver I no longer see the template 'begin' and 'end' prompts and the edit / regenerate facility etc. I have checked that the extension manager hasn't strangely disabled itself and cannot understand why I am suddenly unable to view them. I am still able to make changes to the templates but, being very new to this software don't yet know which templates apply to which parts......any suggestions??

Also, have been trying to master multiple column section and product layouts and thanks to someones suggestions have checked the 'location and arrangement......' box in section layout and changed the no. of columns - this doesn't seem to have done anything at all - might this be that the space it is working in needs to be enlarged (current template seems to have only 500px width).

Thank you so much for helping....

Emma

Its going to be very difficult to help you if you dont know what you have done yourself - I suggest putting the site back to square one and starting again. This is the usual way of working with actinic, I am assuming that you have created a snapshot?

Comment

I really haven't done anything out of the ordinary. As I have a copy of developer I have activated one site as my 'test' site, but other than changing the 'location and arrangement' etc etc, I did nothing....

I will try activating a new site and see if the problem persists.

Thanks for your help

Em

Comment

I am doing my traditional method of learning new software = try everything and see what it does??!!
        If you are used to using Dreamweaver etc then Actinic is slightly different and even though you say you have done nothing out of the ordinary you may have altered/deleted part of the Actinic specific code. When you create a new site take things step by step and read the advanced user guide available on the Actinic website.

Comment

I no longer see the template 'begin' and 'end' prompts
          Make sure that you've not ticked "Compact HTML/CGI" in Design / Options / Miscellaneous. This should be left clear if you want to use the Dreamweaver integration.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
          X