Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different look in same store?

Hi,

I'm sure I've read somewhere on the forum or in the documetation that it's possible to have different store sections styled separately - can anyone confirm or deny that? Thanks in advance

Yep you assign different Act_primaries to each section

Comment

Thanks - you pointed me in the right direction there - I just found what I was looking for in the Advanced Manual, page 20 in case anybody else was wondering

Comment

Diego - with clever use of CSS and/or customvar's you can keep template maintenance down to a minimum if you need to update in the future ... worth taking the time to future proof yourself now as you never know what is 6 months down the road.

Just a thought.....

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

jont, yeah I'm definately planning to go that way. You kindly answered one of my other questions about the feasibility of making wholesale changes to the templates in order to get something almost entirely built in XHTML/CSS. I'm soon to start the project all this is about (been a bit slow form the client end) so if you have any pointers specific to CSS control on Act_primaries I'm all ears!

Comment

Originally posted by jont
            Diego - with clever use of CSS and/or customvar's you can keep template maintenance down to a minimum if you need to update in the future ... worth taking the time to future proof yourself now as you never know what is 6 months down the road.

Just a thought.....
            What does that mean in laymans terms?
            Nick
            Trying to squeeze my moneys worth out of V7 - but not for much longer!

Comment

Act_Primary.html contains the line

<LINK REL=STYLESHEET HREF="actinic.css">

Where actinic.css defines the style to use for the site.

If you replace this with

<LINK REL=STYLESHEET HREF="CUSTOMVAR:THISSTYLE">

Then set up a Custom Property (Advanced / Custom Properties) THISSTYLE

Then set it ( Design / Options / Site Defaults ) to contain actinic.css and check File Name.

Now the store will operate exactly as before, using actinic.css as the default stylesheet.

However it will be possible to change the THISSTYLE entry on any Section to refer to a different .css file (keep it in Site1) and thus apply a totally different look to each page if required.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman - Understood (in theory!)
                Trying to squeeze my moneys worth out of V7 - but not for much longer!

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
                  apply a totally different look to each page if required.
                  The finest example of this is CSS Zen Garden at http://www.mezzoblue.com/zengarden/alldesigns/ which is the same XHTML page but with a different style sheet attached .... the variety of designs from the same basic markup code is astonishing

Bikster
                  SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
                  X