Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newsletter sign-up - how to?

Hi
    Does anybody know how I can put a newsletter sign up box on a specific page within my site?
    Basically I want a bit of text re newsletter sign up and a box that will allow people to enter their email address. Then for their email address to be sent to me by email so I can add it to my newsletter list. I need it on two specific pages.
    Can anybody give me any advice on how to do this?
    Thanks.
    Julie
    www.toys-to-you.co.uk

A simple formmail script will allow you to collect user input - including email address, name etc and email the results through to you.

Your host will often have a ready made script available for you to plug into your pages or you can use any formmail script on the internet (do a search for formmail on the forum as this has been discussed previously)

HTH

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

more help!!

Hi Jont
      I did what you suggested and searched on this site for more information and I found this on one of the answers www.<yourwebsite.co.uk>/cgi-bin/mf000001.pl?ACTION=SHOWFORM. The writer says that you need to have a link to this on your site and this will create a form as Actinic has formmail built in.
      Is this right?
      And if it is, where do I put this on my site?
      Or should I go with the other info I found which suggests downloading formmail from nms-cgi.sourceforge.net?
      I need help cos I'm a bit thick when it comes to the real hard stuff (well it seems hard to me!)
      Thanks for your help already.
      Julie

Comment

Yes - Actinic has a built in form you can use. If you want the link to appear on all pages you will need to place the code into the Act_Primary.html and Act_BrochurePrimary.html templates (found in the root of the site1 folder)

The code will look something like:

<a href="www.yourwebsite.co.uk/cgi-bin/mf000001.pl?ACTION=SHOWFORM">Click here for newsletter</a>

note the "1" at the end of the mf000001.pl is the network ID number as set in your network settings

This will link to the standard contact form under Actinic. There are threads which discuss how to modify the form to suit your needs.

A lot of people use Matts Formmail at http://www.scriptarchive.com/formmail.html which can be easily adapted to capture specific information but will typically require a HTML page creating to contain the formmail code. The formmail available from your host wil also require you to typically create a HTML page and embed the necessary code into it ... often there are example pages with the codes to get you started

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Jont I'll see how I get on with that.
          Julie

Comment

Working...
          X