Newbie: Help with similar product pricing and options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie: Help with similar product pricing and options

Hi folks, I'm new to this, if I've missed a rtfm or faq please simply point me in the right direction as I've done the obvious and deleted the default database example... This is all pretty straightforward stuff I'm sure and I've had a look around the help file, but as I've inherited the responsibility for this work with V.5 I'm not sure what approach I need to take, i.e. what options I have.

I've got several hundred photographs which will be offered in the following ways together with product image:

single cards
    packs of 10 cards (predetermined selection)
    large prints
    posters

I want to set a price for each type that I can use throughout the site and only some of the photographs will be offered with all the options.

Obviously with several hundred product entries I want to lower my workload and if the prices change...

Again, sorry if this rtfm stuff.

Best wishes, Steve

Hmm, am I right in thinking that if I create products with no price then create a product with a price and then associate the priced product with all of the upriced products as a component, I'll end up with a bunch of products all with the same price?

Anyone?

Comment

Hi Steve,

not familiar with v5 (joined at v6) so this may be totally off track.....

You could set 4 hidden products with a price for the singles, packs, large & poster and then associate them to zero priced products for the various designs .. setting the pricing model to "Sum of component prices". You would then only need to change the hidden product price and the components would follow suit.

If you have various categories for standard pics, premium pic etc just create as many hidden products as you need eg: singles1, singles2, singles3 etc.

Note there some stock control issues with hidden components that may be applicable to v5. If you don't have stock monitoring this is not an issue.

As I say not familiar with v5 specifics so it may not work.... if it doesn't then ignore me

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi, thanks for your reply. Yep, that's what I thought, I've created some hidden items etc. The site isn't live yet so I can't test it through, but I reckon you're right about the issues.

Thanks again

Comment

Hmm, I must be missing something here. I'm not getting any prices. Hohum

Comment

The prices for associate products will not show until you add the product to the cart.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
            X