Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coupon Code Help Needed

Hello,

I have two coupons I am trying to create.

1) I would like a customer to enter the code TPGL and get a free £10 gift certificate if they spend over £25 on any product on my website.

I have created a product called gift certificate. It is the only product in the product group £10. I am showing discounts of product group all, and the reward as product group £10.

When I upload the offer is written against every product on the website even though I have 'requires coupon' selected.

2) I would like a customer to enter the code BIRTHDAY and get either a free duck, bat, beaver or hedgehog cuddly toy if they spend over £25 on any product on my website. I created the group BIRTHDAY and added the four products. I can only get the free toys to come up when you spend over £25 on products from the free toys range, and it needs to apply to any products on my site.

I have spent a few hours playing with different settings and have read all the community threads with no joy. I am hoping to have both these offers starting next week. Please advise if I have done a silly!

The products you add into the groups are the items to which the discounts / offers are applied to and no others.

To get a free bat, duck etc you need to add these to a group (cuddly toys). Then create another group with all the products included. In the discounts options set the show discount option to the "all products" group. Create a new offer "get a cuddly toy free" and set

properties based on = price
    trigger = £25.00
    requires coupon code
    reward type = % off extra product
    reward amount = 100%
    group = cuddly toys

The same principle applies to the gift voucher option.

Note you can only have a product in just 1 product group but you can apply more than one discount per group.

You can use the "only 1 reward per order" to stop multiple discounts being applied

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I've got the BIRTHDAY coupon working thanks.

I cannot get the TPGL coupon working. The product I am offering free a £10 gift voucher, is a hidden product on our site, so the user cannot add it to cart as prompted in the cart. It is not a product we sell - it will be emailed to the cutomer and the code on it will give them £10 off thier next spend of £25.

Comment

Don't think you can specify a hidden product as the free product in the discounts area - you could "hide" the product on the site by burying it somewhere out of the way and even using say a modified Act_SectionLine template to not display the product or section text.

Is it really an issue to have the voucher not showing on the site?

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
        X